Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: January 2022  (Read 39208 times)

Offline gcbama

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: January 2022
« Reply #555 on: January 25, 2022, 05:21:34 PM »
i have seriously thought of going to visit my hometown about 30 miles south of new york city near the jersey shore this weekend :) always wanted to go through a blizzard/nor'easter as an adult!

Offline Golfmankevin

• Supercell
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #556 on: January 25, 2022, 05:37:30 PM »
You never can tell much outside of 5-7 days but after seeing long range trends I am not so sure February is going to be the torch some think. I am sure we warm up some but looking for sure like some back and forth with the cold. And at the end of 12 euro it looked like the coldest air of the year was moving in. I am sure the SER will fight, that could produce a overrunning type setup. February will probably be bland now that I say all this. We could still end up on warm side it just seems like the potential for a good storm is a possibility looking at how it keeps showing big cold fronts moving through us or close by. And also shows the SER that is flexing some. Somebody is going to get a good one in the next couple of weeks. Now if it’s in the Ohio valley or the mid or upper south or Deep South is anyone’s guess. Maybe we all get ours. Going to have to be patient and hope something comes together for us. Hopefully just a good enough shakeup to get a forum wide big dog before spring arrives. ::fingerscrossed:: ::snowman::
I really pray and hope we get one more opportunity at a winter event because I feel left out with only an inch so far here. Me and Dyer want our half a foot or more lol

Offline RobD

• Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #557 on: January 25, 2022, 05:37:47 PM »
i have seriously thought of going to visit my hometown about 30 miles south of new york city near the jersey shore this weekend :) always wanted to go through a blizzard/nor'easter as an adult!
Oof. I grew up 12 miles from Times Square. Made the move in 2003; we actually signed the TN relo papers right after the Presidents Day Weekend blizzard when we got 26 inches. It fell on Sunday, the kids were already off on Monday and they had a 2 hour delay on Tuesday. No fun as a grownup.

On that note, I just texted our youngest who is in NYC to give her a heads up. What’s your favorite site to follow for the Mid-Atlantic?

Offline gcbama

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #558 on: January 25, 2022, 06:51:41 PM »
Oof. I grew up 12 miles from Times Square. Made the move in 2003; we actually signed the TN relo papers right after the Presidents Day Weekend blizzard when we got 26 inches. It fell on Sunday, the kids were already off on Monday and they had a 2 hour delay on Tuesday. No fun as a grownup.

On that note, I just texted our youngest who is in NYC to give her a heads up. What’s your favorite site to follow for the Mid-Atlantic?

Hey we were neighbors at some point lol...i was in between howell and longbranch in monmouth county area, just 25-30 mile drive to the best city in the world :)  it's funny though even though we were only that short distance away it would take an hour to get there because of stopping for tolls and bridges lol

Offline RobD

• Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #559 on: January 25, 2022, 07:13:36 PM »
Hey we were neighbors at some point lol...i was in between howell and longbranch in monmouth county area, just 25-30 mile drive to the best city in the world :)  it's funny though even though we were only that short distance away it would take an hour to get there because of stopping for tolls and bridges lol
I grew up in Passaic County, and my husband in Bergen County. We lived in Middlesex County before we moved so I know Howell & Long Branch pretty well!
I really don't miss that kind of winter weather. Epiphany Blizzard of 96 and winter 2003 are forever etched in my mind.

Offline Beth

• Derecho
  • Snowbird
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2803
« Reply #560 on: January 25, 2022, 07:28:27 PM »
Why is Danielle Breazy on WKRN say a snow chance for us Friday? 

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 855
« Reply #561 on: January 25, 2022, 07:30:55 PM »
Looks like a very good chance of flurries for most. Probably heavier the further east you go.

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1041
« Reply #562 on: January 25, 2022, 07:39:29 PM »

If its the same snow map thats been circulating , that one is 24 hours old.  It's trash.
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Warren Cos. (@WarrenSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Offline bugalou

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #563 on: January 25, 2022, 08:01:33 PM »

It is pretty neat.  I lived outside of AC for a while.  While I was there I "only" saw a 1' snow storm once though with a few smaller events that would be big down here.  The winter I moved back to Memphis my old house got plastered with a noreaster blizzard and got 2.5'.   I think its me that drives the snow away.  ::shrug::

Offline bugalou

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #564 on: January 25, 2022, 08:04:25 PM »
I really pray and hope we get one more opportunity at a winter event because I feel left out with only an inch so far here. Me and Dyer want our half a foot or more lol
Same for me.  Weeeked out about a half inch in early January and then the system last week we got maybe 2.  I am usually not satisfied with winter until we get at least a verified winter storm criteria event. The pattern looks like we will have a couple more chances.  Memphis hasn't had one of those surprise northern stream events that over produce and drop 3-5" a couple days behind a cold front in a while.  Maybe that's the ticker.

Offline Coach B

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 389
« Reply #565 on: January 25, 2022, 08:37:08 PM »
If its the same snow map thats been circulating , that one is 24 hours old.  It's trash.

Both the 18Z GFS and Euro show some light snow showers for Friday. Probably worth a mention in the forecast at this point.

Offline Clay

• Moderator Supporter
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
« Reply #566 on: January 25, 2022, 08:50:30 PM »
NAM has been trending snowier for TN Fri AM... especially 0z. Really sharpening that trough axis before it ejects and pounds the East Coast.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 08:52:55 PM by Clay »

Offline Coach B

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 389
« Reply #567 on: January 26, 2022, 05:34:21 AM »
It looks like maybe we'll have another window to watch from about the 3rd-10th. The 06Z GFS goes bonkers with this period. Euro and Canadian show some signs out on the end of their 0Z runs, but are more believable. May end up being I-44 time, but we could use something other than politics or COVID to chase. Starts in 8 days:

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 485
« Reply #568 on: January 26, 2022, 06:39:13 AM »
6z Euro has NYC approaching 40 inches of snow with blizzard conditions for numerous hours. I bet it has the correct track albeit inflated snowfall totals maybe? All other models are further east when much less. I bet they correct to the Euro. If that verifies it’s beyond historic for them.

Offline Bruce

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3479
« Reply #569 on: January 26, 2022, 08:38:16 AM »
Confidence is gaining that our boring weather is fixing come to end later next week… Spc starting get concerned about large area severe over lower ms valley … now euro and other models starting hint at some
Major artic air heading south , with a stronger se ridge also in works , going be interesting were things stall out at. Gfs starting also to hint at  a strong shortwave rides the boundary like dyer showing … I’m starting get some concern about a possible high end ice threat . ::coffee::
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 08:52:19 AM by Bruce »
BRING ON SEVERE WEATHER SEASON..

May 2022
by Dyersburg Weather
[Yesterday at 07:46:59 PM]
2022 Tropical Season
by dwagner88
[Yesterday at 01:55:57 PM]
Cinco de Mayo Severe Risk
by dwagner88
[May 06, 2022, 02:54:51 PM]
April 2022