Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: June 2021  (Read 5490 times)

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 202
June 2021
« on: May 31, 2021, 03:17:20 PM »
Here is the June Pattern.

We start off with a pattern that is not too different from early 1999/2007, which are not good analogs for what ended up happening later those summers.

It involves what appears to be a merger of a Greenland/Arctic high with the Bermuda high centered over the Northeast and Southeastern Canada along with the Sonoran Heat Ridge that has been supercharged by the major drought in that region. 

There is a weakness in Texas that may impact our region on and off which is a good thing because it will help keep the death ridges at bay for our area, but once that goes away or if it goes away then we set up the stage for a coast to coast heat wave later on.

Happy June and welcome to dog days of weather, summertime. 

Offline Bruce

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2977
Re: June 2021
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 06:28:21 PM »

We start off with a pattern that is not too different from early 1999/2007, which are not good analogs for what ended up happening later those summers.

It involves what appears to be a merger of a Greenland/Arctic high with the Bermuda high centered over the Northeast and Southeastern Canada along with the Sonoran Heat Ridge that has been supercharged by the major drought in that region. 

There is a weakness in Texas that may impact our region on and off which is a good thing because it will help keep the death ridges at bay for our area, but once that goes away or if it goes away then we set up the stage for a coast to coast heat wave later on.

sounds like the perfect jogging weather coming if that unfolds ...
BRING ON SEVERE WEATHER SEASON..

Offline Matthew

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 07:01:50 PM »
The way wx has been unpredictable and totally different than expected or predicted.  I would say expect the unexpected.  Also read where the sun has gone really quiet so maybe that factors into a cooler and wetter summer than normal.  Looking at this week forecast.  I like it with mid to low 80’s and chances of rain.  Let’s make this the whole summer pattern please.

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 10:02:18 PM »
The way wx has been unpredictable and totally different than expected or predicted.  I would say expect the unexpected.  Also read where the sun has gone really quiet so maybe that factors into a cooler and wetter summer than normal.  Looking at this week forecast.  I like it with mid to low 80’s and chances of rain.  Let’s make this the whole summer pattern please.

I heard from someone, one of the Geology pages I follow I believe that they expect the Sun to enter a pretty active sunspot/solar storm pattern very soon.  I would like to see Snowdog's thoughts on that since he is the one that tends to follow that the best on here. 

Next fall and winter look set to give us a Neutral Winter, ENSO-wise.  What that means I don't know especially since our winters have failed to act like their ENSO status since our last super El-Nino.   

Offline Bruce

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2977
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 05:34:45 AM »
I heard from someone, one of the Geology pages I follow I believe that they expect the Sun to enter a pretty active sunspot/solar storm pattern very soon.  I would like to see Snowdog's thoughts on that since he is the one that tends to follow that the best on here. 

Next fall and winter look set to give us a Neutral Winter, ENSO-wise.  What that means I don't know especially since our winters have failed to act like their ENSO status since our last super El-Nino.
maybe this winter will actually act like a real La Niña then... since patterns seem be out of wack... lol
BRING ON SEVERE WEATHER SEASON..

Offline schneitzeit

• Tornado
  • Tornado Alley moved SE.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2390
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 07:37:55 AM »
maybe this winter will actually act like a real La Niña then... since patterns seem be out of wack... lol

I was just going through all my pictures from last winter. We had some nice hits here. That was the best winter I have witnessed since '11.
Nashville's Big Hits (since '98)

April 16, 1998 Tornado
January 16, 2003 Snowstorm
Summer 2007 Drought
May 1-2, 2010 Great Flood of Nashville
June 2012 Record Heat Wave
February 2015 Tennessee Ice Storm
January 22, 2016 Winter Storm Jonas
March 3, 2020 Tornado

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 619
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 09:47:58 AM »
Note a marginal risk of strong storms west of the Plateau tomorrow.

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1885
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 03:06:59 PM »

One has to wonder if that weakness over Texas & the lower Mississippi Valley will make them a target for any tropical activity that develops or arrives in the Gulf. 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline cgauxknox

• Derecho
  • KM4UMK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 628
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 06:52:31 AM »
I saw this in a news digest I receive every morning and thought it was worth sharing just out of general interest. Twitter is launching a new paid service called Tomorrow that partners with local meteorologists for weather news. From the article it appears there will be both free and premium content, although I wonder what professional mets would share at $10 a month that isn't already publicized...
https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/01/twitter-tomorrow-local-weather-news-service/?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2021, 08:30:03 AM »
One has to wonder if that weakness over Texas & the lower Mississippi Valley will make them a target for any tropical activity that develops or arrives in the Gulf.

That is a legit concern should that persist deeper into hurricane season.  Also, this is the type of pattern that supports tropical systems getting trapped as ridging builds in around them as well.   

Offline gcbama

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 02:28:35 PM »
surprised no flash flood warnings, guess it was so dry prior to this, but i have had 3+ inches of torrential rain already

Offline snowdog

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 262
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2021, 05:33:04 PM »

There is a decent relationship between low solar activity and a weakened PV, like we saw last winter as we basically were at solar minimum between cycles.

Over the last 6 months, solar activity continues to ramp up as the new solar cycle gets underway. Still a long way from cycle peak around 2023/2024, but solar activity will be much greater than last winter.

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2021, 09:32:46 PM »
Tornado Warned storm on the eastside of Clarksville.

I thought I saw a brief debris signature around Exit 11 but they may be noise due to being close to the radar site.  It is moving towards Adams at the moment.   

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2021, 09:35:13 PM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

That would be the signature in question. 

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2021, 09:33:53 AM »
Only downed trees and lines were reported in the Clarksville area.

There was a report of a destroyed unanchored mobile home in Benton County that could have been from either a weak tornado or a really strong damaging wind gust.   

July 2021
by dwagner88
[Yesterday at 06:40:09 PM]
2021 Tropical Season
by NismoWx
[July 29, 2021, 02:33:53 PM]
Updated NWS Climate Norms for TN (1991-2020)
by StormNine
[July 27, 2021, 06:04:29 PM]
Long Range Discussion: Winter 2021-2022
by Clarksville Snowman
[July 26, 2021, 11:14:50 AM]
Dubai Creates Its Own Rain
by StormNine
[July 21, 2021, 08:37:01 PM]