* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Author Topic: 20/21 Ski Season  (Read 140 times)

Offline Nashville_Wx

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 149
20/21 Ski Season
« on: August 29, 2020, 08:02:33 PM »
Get your Winter Sports and Mountain chat on. This season will be on for the records.

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 173
Re: 20/21 Ski Season
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 08:40:16 PM »
My preliminary call is for the Sierra Nevada to Utah/Colorado play to not be very good (minus the few areas that can manage a below to even well-below average snow year fine), the New Mexico play to be awful, and the Cascades into Montana should be okay to good.

Out East, I don't think East TN/West NC up to West Virginia is as awful as the last few years have been, but still probably not good due to the pesky SE Ridge at times.  New England can go either way.       

Offline Nashville_Wx

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 149
Re: 20/21 Ski Season
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 06:51:58 PM »
My preliminary call is for the Sierra Nevada to Utah/Colorado play to not be very good (minus the few areas that can manage a below to even well-below average snow year fine), the New Mexico play to be awful, and the Cascades into Montana should be okay to good.

Out East, I don't think East TN/West NC up to West Virginia is as awful as the last few years have been, but still probably not good due to the pesky SE Ridge at times.  New England can go either way.     

Pretty reasonable based off ENSO. Its been pretty nice this summer in Tahoe, but dry conditions as a whole have really started showing their ugly face in some areas. Smoke is cleared out, hoping fires and be squashed and put to rest in the months to come. Vail is doing restervations and passholders only till Dec3 while Ikon has yet to release their official forecast. East coast mountains do well this season IMO.

* Recent Posts

2020 Tropical Season Outlook
by StormNine
[Yesterday at 05:36:59 PM]
September 2020
by TNHunter
[Yesterday at 05:19:46 PM]
Yellowstone Caldera Activity
by bugalou
[Yesterday at 11:51:11 AM]
Slowpoke Sally
by NismoWx