* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Author Topic: February 2020  (Read 34951 times)

Online Dyersburg Weather

• Global Moderator
  • Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 598
Re: February 2020
« Reply #675 on: February 20, 2020, 08:38:36 AM »
Looking ahead to next week, there's one helluva storm projected on the Euro.  The GFS has us on the cold side (weaker system)  and the Euro has us on the warm side.  No big surprise there, but the fact that both globals have it in some form or fashion is encouraging.  At least it's something else to watch for.   ::coffee::
Totally different setup but the GFS actually kicked the Euro ass with todayís system. Especially in the medium range.

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 911
« Reply #676 on: February 20, 2020, 08:56:55 AM »
Totally different setup but the GFS actually kicked the Euro ass with todayís system. Especially in the medium range.

That's kinda what has me intrigued.  Definitely worth paying attention to.
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Warren Cos. (@WarrenSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2061
« Reply #677 on: February 20, 2020, 09:38:36 AM »
Got a feeling todayís 12z runs going be very  interesting ...

Post Merge: February 20, 2020, 11:07:36 AM
The gfs just keeps spitting out some bombs of slp in the long range ... amazing
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:07:36 AM by BRUCE, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Come on severe wx season...

Offline Coach B

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 235
« Reply #678 on: February 20, 2020, 02:02:26 PM »
Took a peek at the long range Euro, doesn't look like we are done with our winter weather chances. Multiple systems diving at us from the northwest, Plateau and mountains will be favored, but hopefully we can all get in the game again before we're done.

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 911
« Reply #679 on: February 20, 2020, 02:15:09 PM »
OHX already has their eyes on next Wed/Thurs.

After being in the warm sector several days, cold air sinks in behind
this second system...and exiting pcpn Wed night may end with a
brief wintry mix, especially on the Plateau
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Warren Cos. (@WarrenSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Offline gcbama

• Supercell
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »
OHX already has their eyes on next Wed/Thurs.

Ah the classic ohx line "especially on the Plateau" :) lol

Post Merge: February 20, 2020, 04:21:57 PM
well today was kind of neat.....still no gulf low threat this year and none on the horizon :( more sunshine everyday now....march 1st is less than two weeks away....really only 3-4 weeks left in the season , yet again running out of time for the third year in a row....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:21:57 PM by gcbama, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
« Reply #681 on: February 20, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
12z Euro control is a nice bowling ball diving down that meets up with the STJ. Now thatís more like it for better chances of winter precip. A full phase would be really cool to watch right over our area. Has a decent shot to give the northeast itís first decent snow since November.

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #682 on: February 20, 2020, 06:14:53 PM »
12z Euro control is a nice bowling ball diving down that meets up with the STJ. Now thatís more like it for better chances of winter precip. A full phase would be really cool to watch right over our area. Has a decent shot to give the northeast itís first decent snow since November.
looks interesting for sure, hopefully it can produce more than this crappy dusting to half inch or so stuff we been dealing with last two weeks... I apologize if my jaded attitude toward winter came out on this post. lol

Offline gcbama

• Supercell
  • Liked:
« Reply #683 on: February 20, 2020, 07:28:06 PM »
looks interesting for sure, hopefully it can produce more than this crappy dusting to half inch or so stuff we been dealing with last two weeks... I apologize if my jaded attitude toward winter came out on this post. lol

bruce lol I agree, I am very jaded anymore, my last post shows it lol....we only have 3-4 more weeks of winter left, and this time of year with the days being longer and sun angle changing....idk if it will happen :(

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #684 on: February 20, 2020, 07:36:54 PM »
bruce lol I agree, I am very jaded anymore, my last post shows it lol....we only have 3-4 more weeks of winter left, and this time of year with the days being longer and sun angle changing....idk if it will happen :(
true. Weíre heading in the period of winter weíre things are working against us ... but at the same time , these systems can be very dynamic  this time winter . Thatís why you hear the big March snows that happen from time to time . , but they are also kind rare . So there is that also.

Offline Clarksville Snowman

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2007
« Reply #685 on: February 20, 2020, 07:51:54 PM »
The odds are going down as we enter late feb and early march, but if things come together late winter can have big dog potential. More times than none it doesn't happen, but transition season can land a doozy sometimes. ::popcorn:: ::guitar:: ::snowman::

Offline gcbama

• Supercell
  • Liked:
« Reply #686 on: February 20, 2020, 09:18:41 PM »
The odds are going down as we enter late feb and early march, but if things come together late winter can have big dog potential. More times than none it doesn't happen, but transition season can land a doozy sometimes. ::popcorn:: ::guitar:: ::snowman::

that is true more moisture available in early march, but cold air is not in as much supply Ö. but I remember plenty of good early march winter events , would be nice

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #687 on: February 21, 2020, 04:28:33 AM »
Ummm the 0z euro is very close to something significant mid week next week ...

Post Merge: February 21, 2020, 05:35:01 AM
After looking at ensembles  other models , we may have something track this week... like see that baby dig the energy bit More south then ride up the spine of the apps ... ::snowman::
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 05:35:01 AM by BRUCE, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline TNHunter

• Thunderstorm
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #688 on: February 21, 2020, 06:09:34 AM »
Go away winter! You showed up too late, duck season is over. Winter you missed the party. Time for sunny and 65-70 for about 3 months!

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
February 2020
« Reply #689 on: February 21, 2020, 07:20:49 AM »
0z euro control has the bowling ball and a blizzard into the Ohio Valley. It would imply a fairly high impact event for west and much of middle TN Wednesday. Ohio get absolutely socked.

The euro Ops has a similar 500mb pattern with the ULL going directly over west and middle. It doesnít quite phase the way the control does but does want to change rain to snow- and some accumulations- not as much as the control.

The GFS and CMC just show a washed out wave coming through. Letís see if the Euro caves.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 07:35:56 AM by Curt »

* Recent Posts

April 2020
by mamMATTus
[Today at 06:33:30 PM]
2020 Tropical Season Outlook
by BRUCE
[Today at 03:50:46 PM]

Advertisement