* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Author Topic: January 2020 Discussion  (Read 41021 times)

Offline Charles L.

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2278
Re: January 2020 Discussion
« Reply #360 on: January 20, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »
thinking same thing... pic saw earlier I mean appreciate nice pics ... but I seen many frost that made ground much more whiter lol

Sorry, thought this was a weather forum? ::shrug::

Guess Iíll just leave and stop posting.
Mobile chat link:

http://tennesseewx.com/arrowchat/public/mobile/

SumnerSevereWx and MaconSevereWx #tSpotter Coordinator

Offline gcbama

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #361 on: January 20, 2020, 02:37:00 PM »

that's not what I meant at all....I just meant in years past flurries never excited me...and now they do because I haven't seen accumulating snow for 2 straight winters so far lol

Offline bugalou

• Administrator
  • Derecho
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 168
« Reply #362 on: January 20, 2020, 03:02:07 PM »
Lack of winter is putting us in withdrawal and cranky.   ::rofl::

Offline Icestorm

• Sunny
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #363 on: January 20, 2020, 03:57:22 PM »
Well Bruce, maybe we will get back to severe weather soon and you'll get a tornado to drop right down on your house and destroy it, since that's what you desire. Look I posted with nothing misspelled. LOL! Wish Bruce could.

Online BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2229
« Reply #364 on: January 20, 2020, 04:01:20 PM »
Well Bruce, maybe we will get back to severe weather soon and you'll get a tornado to drop right down on your house and destroy it, since that's what you desire. Look I posted with nothing misspelled. LOL! Wish Bruce could.
u cheated ... Iím sure

Post Merge: January 20, 2020, 04:03:10 PM
Lack of winter is putting us in withdrawal and cranky.   ::rofl::
get used to it... lol
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 04:03:10 PM by BRUCE, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Come on severe wx season...

Offline Coach B

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 246
« Reply #365 on: January 20, 2020, 04:21:42 PM »
Deep winter kind of day. I appreciate at least a taste of all four seasons so I like a few days like this. Never saw the sun, high was only 24, and flakes in the air nearly all day. Only thing that could have made it better would have been to have a little snow on the ground.

Offline Beth

• Derecho
  • Snowbird
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1644
« Reply #366 on: January 20, 2020, 04:23:29 PM »

Donít you dare leave Charles!  I always enjoy your posts.  Otherís need to learn to just chill out. I think the flurries have been quite nice to watch today.  Would much rather have that than devastation, destruction, and loss of life. 

CAN WE PLEASE QUIT BEING RUDE IN HERE?  So many of us have been in this forum for many years and we pull together when we need too.  The weather is probably the only thing that we cannot control.  Yes a really nice Snowstorm would be awesome. Some years it just doesnít happen.  I believe it will happen again.
Patience is a Virtue! And lots of  ::bacon:: is great too!!! 😊

Online BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: January 20, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
Donít you dare leave Charles!  I always enjoy your posts.  Otherís need to learn to just chill out. I think the flurries have been quite nice to watch today.  Would much rather have that than devastation, destruction, and loss of life. 

CAN WE PLEASE QUIT BEING RUDE IN HERE?  So many of us have been in this forum for many years and we pull together when we need too.  The weather is probably the only thing that we cannot control.  Yes a really nice Snowstorm would be awesome. Some years it just doesnít happen.  I believe it will happen again.
enjoy the weather, because itís the only weather we have ... lol

Offline Coach B

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 246
« Reply #368 on: January 20, 2020, 04:39:34 PM »
Afternoon AFD from OHX. They don't rule out a dusting overnight. As cold as it is it wouldn't take much:

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Nashville TN
223 PM CST Mon Jan 20 2020

.DISCUSSION...

Well, today has been an unexpected treat for some. Flurries and
light snow have led to several spots in Middle TN seeing brief
accumulations. I did see one picture from Lafayette that looked to
be close to a half inch based on grass covering. However, for most,
flurries were the story for the day, giving those who had the day
off a pretty view. For those who want more of the same, I don`t
think you`re going to have to wait long as an upper level impulse is
expected to dive into the region this evening and provide more
flurries overnight. Regional radar is showing this feature back
over central MO at forecast time. A dusting isn`t out of the
question for areas southwest of the Metro area,

Offline cgauxknox

• Supercell
  • KM4UMK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 542
« Reply #369 on: January 20, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »

::applause::  ::applause::  ::applause::

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Global Moderator
  • Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 616
« Reply #370 on: January 20, 2020, 06:04:44 PM »
The snow on radar moving into NE Arkansas is making it to the ground. My dad has a heavy dusting just south of Poplar Bluff

Offline schneitzeit

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1546
« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2020, 06:45:32 PM »
It's been flurrying throughout the day here. Nothing too fascinating, but a day like today does serve as a reminder that winter, while largely absent, is still with us. All it takes is a cold punch.

Others called me strange- and they may be right- but I found it to be quite nice out today. The forested areas were speckled with frozen ponds, coated with a dusting. And compliments of the hard freeze, the ground was no longer wet mush.

Here's the latest MJO forecast, released by NOAA. It appears to buckle back towards the winter enthusiasts' side: phases 8, 1, and 2. Those are the phases that can Make February Winter Again. Forecasting beyond one week out is capricious, of course, but observing the trends is what matters.

Bugalou, I believe you mentioned something about thunderstorms finally gracing Australia, which is could be a harbinger of change for our corner of the world, correct? I have hope things will change. Even the unbelievably torchy winter of 2011-2012 featured a few cold shots with a couple of light snowfalls; I recall some wet snow falling and sticking in mid-February of 2012. Plenty of time left, don't get too discouraged.

Post Merge: January 20, 2020, 06:46:38 PM
As promised

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Online BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2020, 07:08:46 PM »
It's been flurrying throughout the day here. Nothing too fascinating, but a day like today does serve as a reminder that winter, while largely absent, is still with us. All it takes is a cold punch.

Others called me strange- and they may be right- but I found it to be quite nice out today. The forested areas were speckled with frozen ponds, coated with a dusting. And compliments of the hard freeze, the ground was no longer wet mush.

Here's the latest MJO forecast, released by NOAA. It appears to buckle back towards the winter enthusiasts' side: phases 8, 1, and 2. Those are the phases that can Make February Winter Again. Forecasting beyond one week out is capricious, of course, but observing the trends is what matters.

Bugalou, I believe you mentioned something about thunderstorms finally gracing Australia, which is could be a harbinger of change for our corner of the world, correct? I have hope things will change. Even the unbelievably torchy winter of 2011-2012 featured a few cold shots with a couple of light snowfalls; I recall some wet snow falling and sticking in mid-February of 2012. Plenty of time left, don't get too discouraged.

Post Merge: January 20, 2020, 06:46:38 PM
As promised

(Attachment Link)
everything I read n searched ... this bad boy is heading back to phase 4 and 5 late this month ...☹️

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2020, 08:06:27 PM »

Patience is a Virtue! And lots of  ::bacon:: is great too!!!

Well said, Beth. For those rude posters, those that troll, those that post inaccurate info, or those that just plain get on your nerves....we have a nice ďignoreĒ feature. If youíre not quoted often, itís a good chance your ignored and probably donít even know it.

Offline schneitzeit

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1546
« Reply #374 on: January 20, 2020, 08:22:56 PM »
everything I read n searched ... this bad boy is heading back to phase 4 and 5 late this month ...☹️

Could you provide some sources? I would like to read them

Post Merge: January 20, 2020, 08:27:55 PM
Well said, Beth. For those rude posters, those that troll, those that post inaccurate info, or those that just plain get on your nerves....we have a nice ďignoreĒ feature. If youíre not quoted often, itís a good chance your ignored and probably donít even know it.

Conversely, could we also do an @ feature? That would be useful 👍
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:27:55 PM by schneitzeit, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

* Recent Posts

Fall 2020: Because Fall Comes Before Winter
by NashRugger
[Today at 05:59:44 PM]
September 2020
by gcbama
[Today at 10:45:36 AM]
2020 Tropical Season Outlook
by StormNine
[September 19, 2020, 05:36:59 PM]
Yellowstone Caldera Activity
by bugalou