* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Author Topic: severe weather threat april 17th 18th  (Read 5223 times)

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1455
Re: severe weather threat april 17th 18th
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 07:37:14 AM »
Don't think it will be anywhere near that intense though, 2011 was a once every 30 year type of event . However the beginning of the 2011 outbreak was the 26th over Arkansas area and then shifted east the next day and was obviously a historical event. This one again seems that it will initiate over Arkansas with confidence ( 30% chances already for that area on 17th) what happens after that will be "up in the air ...no pun intended lol" If we don't have a rain shield and we can get some good unstable air in through here it could be nasty

2011 was a 30 year spring in terms of severe weather.  While April 26-27th was the worst of the outbreaks, that whole spring from late March into early June was littered with severe weather and tornadic episodes on a scale rarely seen.
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline spanarkle08

• Shower
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2019, 08:22:31 AM »
Whats it look like for west TN. on Thursday. Channel 7 says most of the strength of the system will be toward middle TN

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1658
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »
Whats it look like for west TN. on Thursday. Channel 7 says most of the strength of the system will be toward middle TN
thats bout correct.... cause the timing of the boundary coming in west tn early am
Come on severe wx season...

Offline Nashville_Wx

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 139
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 02:23:36 PM »
While I am stuck waiting to get out of DEN, I have been dabbling into the 12Z suites today. Still several things that need to align better for more potent storms, but I think the table already has some hot food being laid out. As usual the closer we get, the ingredients available become more visible

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 03:54:40 PM »
12z euro has very little instability across the entire state for wed night and Thursday time frame. Most of any severe looks to stay along the gulf. Heavy rain? That’s a different story. Chilly but sunny weekend coming up. I will take it as chilly doesn’t mean what it did 3 months ago.

Offline gcbama

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2019, 07:15:13 PM »
Just cannot get any kind of real severe setup yet this year here....every threat comes through with hardly any cape at all or it rains all day just before the event arrives

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Global Moderator
  • Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 560
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2019, 07:50:07 PM »
Models are starting to look rough for Louisiana and Mississippi. This has a chance to be worse than the last system for them. SPC has a day 3 enhanced area.

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2019, 07:51:42 PM »
Just cannot get any kind of real severe setup yet this year here....every threat comes through with hardly any cape at all or it rains all day just before the event arrives
were not living right maybe ....

Offline mamMATTus

• Derecho
  • Stormwater Inspector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »
This is just **** frustrating. My lifelong interest in weather is starting to fade. No exciting winter weather, no exciting severe season year after year it seems.

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 891
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2019, 09:21:29 PM »
Man y'all wild.  No severe weather?  Who cares....
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2019, 10:40:27 PM »
This is just **** frustrating. My lifelong interest in weather is starting to fade. No exciting winter weather, no exciting severe season year after year it seems.
we live in Tennessee... we’re weather has become boring ....

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1455
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2019, 07:51:51 AM »

Wut?  I've been around over 4 decades, and my interest has never faded just due to a lull in "exciting" (or destructive) weather.  Even so, we just had a day of 50 mph winds here on Sunday, and we'll have storms followed by a 30-40 degree temperature change late this week on gusty 40 mph winds.  It's not the weather or storms of Jupiter, but that's a lifeless planet for a reason.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:53:46 AM by JayCee »
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline schneitzeit

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1083
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 08:20:53 AM »
I am fascinated by severe weather too, but I could do without it in my area and be just fine.

Offline Flash

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »
Man y'all wild.  No severe weather?  Who cares....

We need a banter thread similar to AmericanWx. Many posters on here could use a designated place to  ::cliff::. Granted, the disappointment is valid. Like most on here, I was hoping for a more exciting, trackable spring coming out of a subpar winter; however, I also realize April (this iteration included) often features some of the pleasant days we see the entire year. People need to  8) and enjoy them before we go in the fryer this time next month.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:29:48 AM by Flash »
"By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast." ~ Job 37:10 (ESV)

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 891
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2019, 08:32:05 AM »
We need a banter thread similar to AmericanWx. Many posters on here could use a designated place to  ::cliff::. Granted, the disappointment is valid. Like most on here, I was hoping for a more exciting, trackable spring coming out of a subpar winter; however, I also realize April (this iteration included) often features some of the pleasant days we see the entire year. People need to  8) and enjoy them before we go in the fryer this time next month.

#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Advertisement