* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spring 2019  (Read 9692 times)

Offline WXHD

• Derecho
  • NWS Storm Spotter. Fan of Extreme Weather.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 431
Re: Spring 2019
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2019, 06:30:01 PM »
I agree Jaycee.  Models do help with near term.  I believe the climate is changing at a much quicker pace these days.

As far as I know, the American Republican Party is the only political party in the whole world  that denies, demeans and refuses to acknowledge “Climate Change.” Our global  climate may be changing, much of it may be beyond our control. But locally, pollution is driving it. No matter who you are, your stream, creeks, rivers and oceans that just a few generations ago were safe to drink from and eat from are polluted. That’s changed and, those changes aren’t cyclical. Not being able to drink water from the Mississippi River is very much “Man Made.” There’s a multi-billion dollar industry that does nothing but clean water and sell it to us in a plastic bottle. The by-product of that is just dirtier water. You can say that this season or that season was just “due to sunspots.”  But, sunspots aren’t why we have lead in our water, they’re  not why we have pharmaceuticals in our water and, they’re surely not the reason we have air pollution. You and I are why we have these problems. And, you and I have to change. I know that wind and solar energy aren’t “free” but, coal and oil are doing nothing but getting rarer and more expensive. Anyone who doesn’t adapt is going to die and, our country is powerful enough to take the whole human species with. We are also, as individuals, numerous enough to bind together and make a difference.

More of the same ain’t going to help us. When you get a chance for your voice to be heard, be loud.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 06:31:58 PM by WXHD »
Earth transforms sunlight's visible light energy into infrared light energy, which leaves Earth slowly because it is absorbed by greenhouse gases. When people produce greenhouse gases, energy leaves Earth even more slowly – raising Earth's temperature. http://www.howglobalwarmingworks.org/

Offline Icestorm

• Sunny
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2019, 06:56:54 PM »
Wow someone needs a chill pill, in the end no matter what anyone says or does, we all will die, nothing will stop that. 😆

Offline Charles L.

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2144
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2019, 07:13:22 PM »
Wow someone needs a chill pill, in the end no matter what anyone says or does, we all will die, nothing will stop that. 😆

You’d make an excellent motivational speaker. I’d pay money to hear ya!
Mobile chat link:

http://tennesseewx.com/arrowchat/public/mobile/

SumnerSevereWx and MaconSevereWx #tSpotter Coordinator

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2019, 07:21:08 PM »

Offline Drifter49

• Derecho
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2019, 07:26:50 PM »
now. That is what you call a true blizzard  there... wow

Hmmm I may have to get some of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To enjoy things in life that are good, you first must endure things that suck!
Bring on the snow baby!!!

Offline memphishogfan

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:

Offline WXHD

• Derecho
  • NWS Storm Spotter. Fan of Extreme Weather.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 431
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2019, 09:11:16 PM »

I will upvote that every single time.

Post Merge: March 11, 2019, 09:33:33 PM
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2019/03/07/greenpeace-founder-global-warming-hoax-pushed-corrupt-scientists-hooked-government-grants/

“Moore noted how “green” companies parasitize taxpayers via favorable regulations and subsidies ostensibly justified by the aforementioned narrative’s claimed threats, all while enjoying propagandistic protection across news media.”

::drowning::

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:33:33 PM by WXHD, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Earth transforms sunlight's visible light energy into infrared light energy, which leaves Earth slowly because it is absorbed by greenhouse gases. When people produce greenhouse gases, energy leaves Earth even more slowly – raising Earth's temperature. http://www.howglobalwarmingworks.org/

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2019, 09:48:27 AM »
FWIW- SPC does have a slight risk for parts of Mid and West TN on Thursday.

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1395
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2019, 09:57:50 AM »
I think it's been six months or better since I've seen these dark browns over Tennessee.

"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2019, 12:14:41 PM »
I think it's been six months or better since I've seen these dark browns over Tennessee.

Not often I like to see dryer than normal on the map, but that is a good thing to see.

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2019, 12:18:55 PM »
Not often I like to see dryer than normal on the map, but that is a good thing to see.
really... even if it’s just for 5 days ....lol
Come on severe wx season...

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2019, 02:18:07 PM »

I prefer wet over dry myself, but we've had enough wet lately.   We need a good long stretch of drier weather.

Local farmers have become concerned, as this is when they usually turn over the soil and fertilize to prepare for spring planting.  They can't even get into the fields right now, much less work the soil. 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2019, 05:33:34 PM »
We should of all been born and raised in the Northern Nebraska Panhandle.  We would get to see 18-24 inches of snow, 60-65MPH wind gusts, and even up to 1/4th of an inch of ice. 

I don't think anyone would ever complain about how bad the winter sucked after a storm like that.   

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2019, 05:41:00 PM »
We should of all been born and raised in the Northern Nebraska Panhandle.  We would get to see 18-24 inches of snow, 60-65MPH wind gusts, and even up to 1/4th of an inch of ice. 

I don't think anyone would ever complain about how bad the winter sucked after a storm like that.
that's about 10 years worth of winters for most of us... lol
Come on severe wx season...

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2019, 10:07:06 AM »
After Thursday, the next 7 days appear relatively cool by March standards.  Frosts and near freezing temperatures look to occur over a big part of the area starting this weekend, and multiple days next week. 
Henry David Thoreau

* Recent Posts

Advertisement