* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Author Topic: What is your ideal (A+) climate?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline bugalou

• Administrator
  • Derecho
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 115
Re: What is your ideal (A+) climate?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 02:38:14 PM »
I am a fan of the Ozarks assuming my house was in the Boston mountains on one of the higher peaks.  You get the heat of the summer (which I actually like in some situations like going to the lake/river) but its just a hair less humid than Memphis.  Its pretty in the fall, winter is cold and you get snow more often than Memphis, and finally there is a significant spring severe season.

I also like the idea of some weather systems creating Micro climates as the mountains there are just high enough to do this to some extent.  I visit there often and have seen it when fog is as thick as clouds at elevation, but in the valleys its clear and you can drive through the transition layer.  I have summer days where you get a 15 degree drop in temp at elevation.  I have also seen rain at elevation and icing in the sheltered valleys as well as the reverse of that.  I really dig that kind of stuff so that adds to it.

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1658
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 03:41:42 PM »
Personally I like hot humid weather ... like good ole summers in the delta area...
Come on severe wx season...

Offline gcbama

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 09:11:38 PM »
When I was a kid in Jersey and when going back for visits....nice summers in the mid 80's with low humidity sure were nice :)

However plenty of times up in the Philly to NYC metro it would get CRAZY hot/humid , Once in a while it will be 100 during the day and about 85-90 at night due to the concrete jungle effect

Advertisement