* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Author Topic: Favorite Weather App?  (Read 174 times)

Offline Brad

• Shower
    • My Flickr Photos
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Favorite Weather App?
« on: December 27, 2018, 06:34:57 AM »
This has likely been discussed before but I couldnít find a thread...

Iíd love to hear other which weather apps other members use and what they like/dislike about them because I suspect thereís not a perfect one out there.

Iím on iOS but feel the discussion would be helpful for both iOS and Android since many apps probably carry over.

Iíve gone through using many apps over the years and have never settled in on really liking one except for Radaracope which as you all know, is just radar.

One thing that drives me crazy about apps is all of the ads. Many are so covered up in ads that itís difficult to see the important content.

Thanks all!

Offline Brad

• Shower
    • My Flickr Photos
  • Liked:
Re: Favorite Weather App?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 08:36:56 AM »
Also to reply to my own thread- what Iím currently using is Weather Underground. Has some ads but I like being able to see local weather stations.

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Favorite Weather App?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 09:16:25 AM »
I can't really give any input since I don't use weather apps per se (other than RadarScope and occasionally that default Weather app on iPhone to get a quick glance at the 10-day). I'm biased to getting my info from NWS and SPC products, and I typically look at that stuff in Safari... not always mobile-friendly, but I deal with it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:47:11 PM by Thundersnow »

Offline Brad

• Shower
    • My Flickr Photos
  • Liked:
Re: Favorite Weather App?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 01:57:03 PM »
I can't really give any input since I don't use weather apps per se (other than RadarScope and occasionally that default Weather app on iPhone to get a quick glance at the 10-day). I'm biased to getting my info from NWS and SPC products, and I typically look at that stuff in Safari... not always mobile-friendly, but I deal with it.

Valid point. I agree that they have the highest quality, no frills, just the facts data out there. I would absolutely pay $4.99 or whatever to have an app that displays it all in an iPhone friendly, easy to read format. Any app developers interested? (You would make at least $4.99 )

* Recent Posts

GOAT Snowstorm
by JayCee
[Today at 06:48:26 AM]
Winter 2018-19
by JayCee
[Today at 05:34:33 AM]
12/12/2018 East TN Earthquake
by Thundersnow
[Yesterday at 10:31:32 PM]
My You Tube Weather Video about Jackson, TN`s Climate Summary & Forecast !
by Mr. William E. Brantley
[Yesterday at 03:13:21 AM]

Advertisement