* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: California Fires  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Skillsweather

• Derecho
  • Likes Given: 284
Re: California Fires
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2018, 06:15:35 PM »

If 327 million people (current U.S. population) don't believe what they do makes a difference, then that is the problem, and the government can't fix that.
Well i mean yeah. You are right and im like that on a lot of things actually. Luckly not everyone is like me in that thinking lol. Its the same with helping others and stuff im always like someone else will help ect. Selfish selfcentered yes. But idk everyones not saints or good people. Im not hurting no one i just like staying to myself overall. Probably why i lean more biased the way I do. Im pretty open minded though about things but when I do disagree I like to speak my mind on things. Wrong or right we all like to speak our minds on stuff especially if we think we understand it (even if we dont). Again not perfect dont claim to be dont want to be. We all die rather just be happy and live my way vs trying to be a better person for society. (again i know thats a bad way to view and go about things its just the spot im in). But meh. Is what it is lol.

Offline schneitzeit

• Supercell
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 647
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Post Merge: November 19, 2018, 06:57:40 PM
NorCal will receive 1-2" of rainfall to close out the holiday week, with higher amounts of precip. in the mountains.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 06:57:40 PM by schneitzeit, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1017
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2018, 07:01:34 AM »
(Attachment Link)

Post Merge: November 19, 2018, 06:57:40 PM
NorCal will receive 1-2" of rainfall to close out the holiday week, with higher amounts of precip. in the mountains.

I hope they get some good soakings over the coming weeks, because the winter overall could be drier than normal if a ridge becomes dominant near the Pacific Coast as many long range winter forecasts depict.  Most of the time, when our winters are cold and wet over here, the west is dry and warm. 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Online BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1207
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2018, 09:37:15 AM »
I hope they get some good soakings over the coming weeks, because the winter overall could be drier than normal if a ridge becomes dominant near the Pacific Coast as many long range winter forecasts depict.  Most of the time, when our winters are cold and wet over here, the west is dry and warm.
starting to worry bout mud slides cause of rain expected...p ick your poison.... California is just doomed
Come on severe wx season...

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2018, 01:34:53 PM »
Wow...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/us/california-wildfires-new-york-city-trnd/index.html

According to that, the "stream" of smoke even goes across TN. Anyone notice any haze from it?

Offline schneitzeit

• Supercell
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2018, 02:24:20 PM »
I'll see if I notice anything when the sun comes out tomorrow.

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2018, 08:08:50 PM »
Death toll up to 80, and still near 1,000 unaccounted for.  The fact they haven't found many yet is very disconcerting.  I hope they are just staying at a friends house and don't know they are "missing." 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline schneitzeit

• Supercell
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
Hazy in Knoxville today.

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2018, 12:40:33 PM »
Hazy in Knoxville today.

Same here.  I noticed it more this afternoon with the clouds gone.  There's a definite haze/smoky appearance to the sky. 
Henry David Thoreau

* Recent Posts

Advertisement