* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: The Gordon Remnants Thread  (Read 971 times)

Offline bugalou

• Administrator
  • Derecho
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
The Gordon Remnants Thread
« on: September 05, 2018, 10:50:06 AM »
Thus far its just looking like a moderate flooding threat for some in the western part of the state with some marginal tornado possibilities being in the NE quadrant of a tropical system.  Based on radar trends, I wouldnt be surprised to see FFW issued/extended into the SW parts of TN later today.

Hey, at least its more interesting than summer time popcorn tstorms.  ::shrug::
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 10:52:02 AM by bugalou »

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Gordon Remnants Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 11:43:55 AM »
As Gordon gets into the jet in a couple of days and gets ejected northeast , it looks like itís going to leave a plume of moisture from SW- NE. Going to be a wet weekend.

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1017
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »
Hope east TN gets some remnants, however little it may be.  It's pretty dry in my neck of the woods. 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Online BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1207
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 12:11:52 PM »
Latest hrrr has the band over miss. Breaking up as it moves more northward... I could use a good shower at my house.... dry
Come on severe wx season...

Online Crockett

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 12:14:53 PM »
Hope east TN gets some remnants, however little it may be.  It's pretty dry in my neck of the woods.

The Easter bunny should deliver a few Cadbury eggs to all Sunday-Tuesday. (Maybe I should've thrown in Saturday, too, but I'm selfishly hoping for dry weather Saturday since I'll be at the UT-ETSU game...besides it looks like Saturday's weather may be somewhat more limited the typically favored terrain features.)

The SE ridge wins this round. The Midwest is gonna get the deluge while we end up with a few rounds of thunderstorms. Not that I'm complaining...we don't necessarily need the rain here on the Plateau. And it looks like everyone will probably wind up with an inch or so of rain by the time Tuesday rolls around.

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1017
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 01:10:54 PM »
South middle Tennessee is getting in on the northern shield of precipitation from Gordon this afternoon.  Everyone else is bone dry at the moment.  I'm watching some storms in western NC drifting northwestward.  They could show east TN some love later this evening. 

Post Merge: September 05, 2018, 01:17:43 PM
The Easter bunny should deliver a few Cadbury eggs to all Sunday-Tuesday. (Maybe I should've thrown in Saturday, too, but I'm selfishly hoping for dry weather Saturday since I'll be at the UT-ETSU game...besides it looks like Saturday's weather may be somewhat more limited the typically favored terrain features.)

The SE ridge wins this round. The Midwest is gonna get the deluge while we end up with a few rounds of thunderstorms. Not that I'm complaining...we don't necessarily need the rain here on the Plateau. And it looks like everyone will probably wind up with an inch or so of rain by the time Tuesday rolls around.

There are probably some around me who don't need rain either.  Over the last 3 days some pretty big frog stranglers occurred over this way, just not over my house.  I did get a quarter inch at one point, but the sun sucked it back up the next day.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 01:17:43 PM by JayCee, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Global Moderator
  • Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 06:09:46 PM »
The outermost cloud bands have arrived. No rain but man the nice breeze really cooled things off.

Offline dwagner88

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 07:43:21 PM »
The outermost cloud bands have arrived. No rain but man the nice breeze really cooled things off.
Itís been cloudy here for 48 hours from George, but zero precip has fallen. Actually looks like rainfall totals were pretty weak overall.
Winter 2009-10 Snowfall: 11.5 in. :)
Winter 2010-11 Snowfall: 15.5 in. :)
Winter 2011-12: Trace
Winter 2012-2013: 0.25 in.
Winter 2013-14: 10.6 (9.5 on 2/12)
Winter 2014-2015:
2/18 - 0.25" snow
2/20 - 1.5" snow, 0.15" ZR
2/24 - 0.5" snow
2/25 - 8" snow :)

* Recent Posts

Advertisement