* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Summer (Cancel) 2018  (Read 25817 times)

Offline Drifter49

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Summer (Cancel) 2018
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »
We're a fun crowd in the wintertime. We live from model to model, and I don't think anyone here will refute that our model-watching habits drive some of us mad ;)

And then there’s Bruce lol.. Gotta yank his chain a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To enjoy things in life that are good, you first must endure things that suck!
Bring on the snow baby!!!

Offline mempho

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 405
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2018, 04:43:59 AM »
I'm gonna start posting here if no one has objections.I post on the American board trying to figure out how to post though here though which seems compl
icated..lol

Post Merge: July 02, 2018, 01:26:12 AM
Think i figured it out,i'm Jaxjagman on American anyways.I always come here to check out the post on what's going on just don't say much.Not to many people post much into Mid Tn or the West Tn on American,so thought i'd give this a try
Welcome to the board!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Put on my big snow boots and
I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the freezing rain

Snow up high
Won't you pour down over me
Yeah, I got some accretion
But I'm as blue as a boy can be

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 900
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2018, 07:03:01 AM »
Temps in the lower 90's and dewpoints in the mid 70's make for intense lightning storms, and I had one last evening.  The lightning was spectacular, and mostly cloud-to-ground strikes created some earth shaking thunder-claps.  A few were so close, you could hear it "sizzle" before the thunder exploded.  The neighbors fireworks sounded pretty wimpy by comparison. 

"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline cgauxknox

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • KM4UMK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2018, 07:37:57 AM »
Temps in the lower 90's and dewpoints in the mid 70's make for intense lightning storms, and I had one last evening.  The lightning was spectacular, and mostly cloud-to-ground strikes created some earth shaking thunder-claps.  A few were so close, you could hear it "sizzle" before the thunder exploded.  The neighbors fireworks sounded pretty wimpy by comparison.
Last night was the longest continual storm for thunder and lightning that I can remember in a long time, it ran about 2 and 1/2 hours at our house.  Out of all that we got maybe 5 minutes of rain, but the thunder rolled on forever.

Offline Beth

• Derecho
  • Snowbird
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1084
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2018, 10:01:52 AM »
Yesterday We had one very small rain cloud sit over us for about 15 minutes. We were in the pool and I did my usual corny joke of “ It’s raining, lets get out before we get wet.”  The sun was shining through half of the shower and no thunder and lightening. And the best part was I did not have to water our millions of flowers and veggies! 
Have A Wonderful July 4th to all our members and guests. Be safe too!   ::unclesam::

Offline WXHD

• Derecho
  • NWS Storm Spotter. Fan of Extreme Weather.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 359
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2018, 11:13:56 AM »
Earth transforms sunlight's visible light energy into infrared light energy, which leaves Earth slowly because it is absorbed by greenhouse gases. When people produce greenhouse gases, energy leaves Earth even more slowly – raising Earth's temperature. http://www.howglobalwarmingworks.org/

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2018, 01:39:27 PM »
Last night was the longest continual storm for thunder and lightning that I can remember in a long time, it ran about 2 and 1/2 hours at our house.  Out of all that we got maybe 5 minutes of rain, but the thunder rolled on forever.

The storms were rather compact rain-wise (I got .56"), but I noticed that even after the storm moved on and dissipated the anvil left over kept producing in-cloud lightning well after dark.  It was a highly charged environment.  Pretty cool.
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Tom Hensley

• Sunny
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2018, 09:32:43 PM »
 ::hot:: We got up to 97 today with a HI 107 in our parts.Took me awhile to figure out how to post,thanks for the Welcome and Happy 4th ::flag::

Offline WXHD

• Derecho
  • NWS Storm Spotter. Fan of Extreme Weather.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 359
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2018, 09:43:25 PM »
So this was Nashville/Bellevue this afternoon. The station is just a few blocks from my house. It was hot and the air was still. The high number is the “feels like” or heat index.
Earth transforms sunlight's visible light energy into infrared light energy, which leaves Earth slowly because it is absorbed by greenhouse gases. When people produce greenhouse gases, energy leaves Earth even more slowly – raising Earth's temperature. http://www.howglobalwarmingworks.org/

Offline Tom Hensley

• Sunny
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2018, 10:04:49 PM »
So this was Nashville/Bellevue this afternoon. The station is just a few blocks from my house. It was hot and the air was still. The high number is the “feels like” or heat index.

This is OHX ,wish they had this for BNA,i live in Northeast Williamson Co closer to the airport.Thanks for sharing the link though,i haven't seen this before,will bookmark this ;D

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2018, 08:23:15 AM »
Mid 80's and lower humidity will feel mighty fine come Sunday.  Hope the whole state has a heat break. 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2018, 08:57:54 AM »
It was brutal outside yesterday for 4th of July festivities.

I am nuts- actually ran a 10K yesterday morning with the wife (early before the worst heat, but still bad enough). Then, I cut the grass... before we went to the pool with other family.

I must have sweated a gallon yesterday... and tried to re-hydrate to keep up with it...

Offline Charles L.

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1804
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2018, 08:21:34 PM »
It was brutal outside yesterday for 4th of July festivities.

I am nuts- actually ran a 10K yesterday morning with the wife (early before the worst heat, but still bad enough). Then, I cut the grass... before we went to the pool with other family.

I must have sweated a gallon yesterday... and tried to re-hydrate to keep up with it...

Just reading this post made me sweat.
Mobile chat link:

http://tennesseewx.com/arrowchat/public/mobile/

SumnerSevereWx and MaconSevereWx #tSpotter Coordinator

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Global Moderator
  • Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 505
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2018, 09:55:30 PM »
What a difference 6 months can make in Tennessee.

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2018, 07:13:07 AM »
What a difference 6 months can make in Tennessee.

It is amazing what a 23.5 degree angle can change in just 6 months. 
Henry David Thoreau

Advertisement