* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Spring 2018  (Read 37222 times)

Offline Skillsweather

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 240
Re: Spring 2018
« Reply #405 on: April 28, 2018, 04:02:53 PM »
We have totally missed out on spring this year.. Will it come late or will it be one of those frost to heat wave years.. This is unreal.. The forecast is so boring to follow now.. Its depressing. We (I) need storms.. Please mother nature provide us with a stormy pattern before we enter summers boring weather months.
Snow, flood and storm lover.

Offline JayCee

• Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 773
« Reply #406 on: April 28, 2018, 08:27:33 PM »
Lawd, some peeps can't be pleased.  I'm in paradise.  Outside on the deck with absolutely no bugs annoying me because of the cool weather...enjoying the full moon, listening to the whippoorwills that just arrived, and I can't find a reason to be unhappy on this fine Saturday evening. 

Cheers.   ::guitar::
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1101
« Reply #407 on: April 28, 2018, 08:52:41 PM »
 ::sleeping::
Lawd, some peeps can't be pleased.  I'm in paradise.  Outside on the deck with absolutely no bugs annoying me because of the cool weather...enjoying the full moon, listening to the whippoorwills that just arrived, and I can't find a reason to be unhappy on this fine Saturday evening. 

Cheers.   ::guitar::
::sleeping::
Come on severe wx season...

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2018, 06:36:07 AM »
Looks like a severe weather pattern in the Plains around about Wednesday.

A stretch of 80s coming here. I guess May will come in like May after the weird April pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 485
« Reply #409 on: April 29, 2018, 07:49:44 AM »
SPC has a day 3 enhanced area for parts of the plains. That is strong for a day 3.

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1101
« Reply #410 on: April 29, 2018, 08:49:37 AM »
SPC has a day 3 enhanced area for parts of the plains. That is strong for a day 3.
its been at 30 percent since day 5 risk... in the 4 to 8 day convective outllook... which would lead to least enhance...
Come on severe wx season...

Offline JHart

• TNWX Supporter
  • Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 53
« Reply #411 on: April 30, 2018, 06:55:54 AM »
The temperature out here dropped to 34F early this morning ... with a lot of slushy frost.  I would guess there were places near the KY/TN border that briefly dipped below freezing.  ::cold::

Can I have another serving of spring now?  The first one wasn't thawed out and had freezer burn.

Hire the left-handed --- its fun to watch them write.

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: April 30, 2018, 07:04:48 AM »
Tomorrow is the first day of May, and I have frost on the grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 485
« Reply #413 on: April 30, 2018, 07:56:49 AM »
Ended up the second coldest April on record in West Tn and Jonesboro. Ended the month with an average of 53.5.  1983 and 1907 were number depending on what station.

Offline Coach B

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 187
« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2018, 08:03:40 AM »
I had 36 on the hill which translates to very close to freezing down in the bottom field. Widespread frost, but not a hard one. Hourly reports for both Lewisburg and Shelbyville dropped to freezing at 6 am. Hopefully thats it. Time to get the garden started and quit burning firewood.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:06:23 AM by Coach B »

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2018, 08:26:59 AM »
That first dip in the pool (or lake) in the next few weeks may be chilly, unless we really have a good stretch of warm (even hot) weather in May. I would imagine the latent ground temperatures are a little behind where they normally are at this time.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:34:54 AM by Thundersnow »

Offline JayCee

• Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 773
« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2018, 08:33:26 AM »
The temperature out here dropped to 34F early this morning ... with a lot of slushy frost.  I would guess there were places near the KY/TN border that briefly dipped below freezing.  ::cold::

Can I have another serving of spring now?  The first one wasn't thawed out and had freezer burn.

Dropped to 35 here overnight, and noticed a lot of frost in the open fields on the way to work.  Looks like we finally get some decent spring weather this week.  It's the first long stretch of 80' since February (here in east TN). 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2018, 10:31:09 AM »
I imagine the serious and career storm chasers will be out in OK and KS on Wednesday. Really, it's a multi-day event starting with some slight risk areas in the western Plains today... KS/NE/IA with some enhanced risk tomorrow... and the large enhanced risk (including a hatched area) covering much of KS and OK on Wednesday, which looks like the big day.

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 863
« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2018, 10:51:54 AM »
I imagine the serious and career storm chasers will be out in OK and KS on Wednesday. Really, it's a multi-day event starting with some slight risk areas in the western Plains today... KS/NE/IA with some enhanced risk tomorrow... and the large enhanced risk (including a hatched area) covering much of KS and OK on Wednesday, which looks like the big day.

Pretty potent setup, it appears.  I haven't looked at the first morsel of data (trying to strike a tenuous balance of work, life, school, baseball) but the SPC disco hints at potential nocturnal supercell initiation and development across OK/KS.  Going to be a great few days of radar watching.
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Box 100 Wx Lead Forecaster
Lavergne, TN

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2018, 11:32:01 AM »
(trying to strike a tenuous balance of work, life, school, baseball)

I hear ya- I guess we're at the age, when "disposable time" isn't quite as available as it once was.

Advertisement