* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Spring 2018  (Read 51145 times)

Offline WXRocker

• TN SVR WX AWARENESS FEST: JAN 1 - DEC. 31
  • Global Moderator
  • Derecho
  • Your TNWX Den Mother
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
Re: Spring 2018
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »
I have my doubts on your softball.

Post Merge: April 04, 2018, 10:17:16 AM
12k NAM.

We're just gonna pretend that my filthy mind didn't just take your softball and run amok.   ::whistling::

Mother Nature's off her meds.  Again.
Quote from: ERIC
We specialize in @$$hattery.

Welcome to Tennessee, where every day's weather is an exercise in bipolar disorder.

Forum Guidelines

Offline schneitzeit

• Supercell
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 545
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »
I call BS

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1175
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »
MOTHER OF GOD ... 12z euro next week... ::coffee::

Post Merge: April 04, 2018, 03:28:50 PM
boy  wish my paste would work on my computer... i would paste tat beauty of a system on the euro... been consistent showing it also
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:28:50 PM by BRUCE, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Come on severe wx season...

Offline Vols1

• Thunderstorm
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2018, 05:08:58 PM »
Severe weather Bruce? What day?

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 900
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2018, 05:28:06 PM »
I don't know about severe weather, but looking at the frost and freeze potential coming up, I'd have to say this is probably the worst spring since 2007.  I visited KY for several days, and most of the fruit trees have been damaged to some extent, and considering the cold still to come, many apple orchards may be hit hard.  This year's crop may suffer considerable losses or be wiped out, at least in KY.

The only saving grace for this spring compared to 2007 is: we've had more rain, so no drought like we had in the summer of 2007, and March was MUCH colder this year compared to 2007, so other hardwood trees aren't as leafed out as back then.  Other than that, this spring sucks.  :-\

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:31:51 PM by JayCee »
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2018, 05:36:00 PM »
I don't know about severe weather, but looking at the frost and freeze potential coming up, I'd have to say this is probably the worst spring since 2007.  I visited KY for several days, and most of the fruit trees have been damaged to some extent, and considering the cold still to come, many apple orchards may be hit hard.  This year's crop may suffer considerable losses or be wiped out, at least in KY.

The only saving grace for this spring compared to 2007 is: we've had more rain, so no drought like we had in the summer of 2007, and March was MUCH colder this year compared to 2007, so other hardwood trees aren't as leafed out as back then.  Other than that, this spring sucks.  :-\
severe weather late next week

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 900
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2018, 05:53:48 PM »
severe weather late next week

If it means NORMAL temperatures, I'll deal with it.
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Global Moderator
  • Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 505
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2018, 07:59:22 PM »
I will say the Euro is concerning for a huge area over a couple days. A front eventually comes through here with storms but severe parameters for areas to the north and west are off the charts as modeled now.

Offline Crockett

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2018, 09:15:55 PM »

Sadly, this has seemed inevitable for a few weeks now. And it seems to be a concern more often than not during our spring seasons nowadays. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to happen more frequently than it did years ago. I think it was you who said a couple of days ago that it seems like we don't have true spring anymore. It's hard to disagree...

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2018, 09:18:05 PM »
I will say the Euro is concerning for a huge area over a couple days. A front eventually comes through here with storms but severe parameters for areas to the north and west are off the charts as modeled now.
take the 12z euro verbatim... major outbreak from eastern oklahoma to the lower ohio valley ::coffee::

Post Merge: April 04, 2018, 09:21:05 PM
also looking like a multi day event also...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:21:05 PM by BRUCE, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Vols1

• Thunderstorm
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2018, 10:36:24 PM »
What days is it showing for mid Tennessee?

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 292
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2018, 06:18:41 AM »
What days is it showing for mid Tennessee?
Looking at the euro control(which is the unperturbed eps, there is a brief warm up to well above normal around day 9 as another cold air mass comes into the central US. Looks like a training got heavy rain as it creeps east and a window for severe. After it shows well below normal temps again. In fact the vast majority is below normal and if it’s correct wouldn’t be surprised for another potential freeze at some point mid April.

Keep in mind, below normal is getting warmer as we move through each week. Overall though it the EPS is right this is not a score her pattern. More like cool to cold for this time of year followed by a brief above normal period and possible heavy rainfall or severe.

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2018, 09:53:03 AM »
Overall though it the EPS is right this is not a score her pattern.

A score her pattern?  ::pondering::

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 292
Spring 2018
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »
Lol oops stupid spellcheck. Have no idea what that was actually supposed to be now so will just leave it

Offline JHart

• TNWX Supporter
  • Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2018, 11:22:04 AM »
Lol oops stupid spellcheck. Have no idea what that was actually supposed to be now so will just leave it

I am guessing "scorcher pattern" based on context.  My Title IX training prevents any further comments. ::whistling::
Hire the left-handed --- its fun to watch them write.

Advertisement