* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Fall 2017  (Read 51322 times)

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Fall 2017
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2017, 06:52:25 AM »
Down to 22F this morning, and everything white with a hard frost. Looks almost like a dusting of snow.  Wishful thinking . . .

Noticed quite a few pine trees down here and there from the weekend winds. 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2017, 07:17:30 AM »
Bonafide hard freeze area-wide. The growing season has certainly ended now.

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2017, 07:36:56 AM »
Besides some cold shots, weather looks mostly dry and uneventful through Thanksgiving and beyond.  Good for travelers around our area, but a total snooze-fest at least through part of next week.   ::sleeping::   Snowpack continues to build across southern Canada and over parts of the northern Rockies, but that's about it.   
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2017, 08:36:34 AM »
Saw a lot of frost flowers on the way to work this morning as the ground vegetation with sap still in the stems exploded in the freezing conditions.

Offline Clay

• Moderator Supporter
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 500
« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2017, 02:54:54 PM »
Winchester clocking in with the state low and high today. 19F and 57F as of the 3PM update. Reminds me of Colorado. ::coffee::

Offline schneitzeit

• Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #350 on: November 20, 2017, 08:53:00 PM »
Looking average to above average temps for the first week of December.

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2017, 06:52:34 AM »
Current pattern is a good example that the NAO/AO oscillations aren't the ultimate driver of cold, stormy weather in the eastern U.S. all the time.  Both are in negative territory, but we have little to show for it besides a seasonal brand of cold weather.  The main storm track is too far off the east coast, currently, and should stay there for the next week or so.  The North Atlantic Oscillation should recover to near neutral conditions by then, as well, keeping the bitter cold air locked in Canada for now.  We'll have to get deeper into the winter months before we can dislodge the strong, tight PV, and start bringing chunks of Arctic air into the lower 48. 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #352 on: November 21, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »
Current pattern is a good example that the NAO/AO oscillations aren't the ultimate driver of cold, stormy weather in the eastern U.S. all the time.  Both are in negative territory, but we have little to show for it besides a seasonal brand of cold weather.  The main storm track is too far off the east coast, currently, and should stay there for the next week or so.  The North Atlantic Oscillation should recover to near neutral conditions by then, as well, keeping the bitter cold air locked in Canada for now.  We'll have to get deeper into the winter months before we can dislodge the strong, tight PV, and start bringing chunks of Arctic air into the lower 48.
problem is. The trough just been way to Far East. This pattern is pretty much dilly dilly.
Come on severe wx season...

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2017, 02:28:37 PM »
Unusual to see this much of the lower 48 totally precipitation free for a 7 day period in late November.

Henry David Thoreau

Online skillsweather

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 213
« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2017, 02:40:27 PM »
Yeah its going to be dry for awhile it seems. So boring but i actually like this if it flips by end of december because thats our prime time for snow end of december-early feb is the best time for us to get snow. But usually we end up getting our snows after that and its less special then.
867-5309

Offline schneitzeit

• Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #355 on: November 21, 2017, 06:00:31 PM »
Unusual to see this much of the lower 48 totally precipitation free for a 7 day period in late November.

Wow! A week without rain is pretty rare for places like Mobile, Alabama.

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
Looks impressively dry across a wide swath of the U.S. for the next 10 days considering this should be an active time with the jet stream heading south.  Hope this pattern changes.  No matter how cold it is, you can't have snow in a dry pattern.  Reminds me a bit of '06-07' winter.  The winter started dry, ended dry, and it led to an exceptional drought area wide by the summer of 2007. 
Henry David Thoreau

Online Dyersburg Weather

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 302
« Reply #357 on: November 23, 2017, 08:48:16 AM »
23 here this morning. What beautiful day. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Offline Drifter49

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #358 on: November 23, 2017, 08:49:16 AM »
23 here this morning. What beautiful day. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Deer out everywhere this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To enjoy things in life that are good, you first must endure things that suck!
Bring on the snow baby!!!

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: November 23, 2017, 09:38:31 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow weather peeps in Tennessee from the homestead in Kentucky. 
Henry David Thoreau

Advertisement