* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Fall 2017  (Read 7019 times)

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 279
Re: Fall 2017
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 11:07:53 AM »
Yep, after a long cooler than normal stretch we may flip to warmer for awhile.  But at least a  ::blowtorch:: in late September isn't as bad as a  ::blowtorch:: in July.
Amen. I knew we would have another warm spell but we got it whipped now.

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »
Amen. I knew we would have another warm spell but we got it whipped now.

Yep! Avg temps are on a quick decline starting now through winter so above average isn't as bad. And we won't be anywhere like last September when we had mid to upper 90's solid through early October.

Offline Coach B

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 161
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 12:26:46 PM »
Yep, after a long cooler than normal stretch we may flip to warmer for awhile.  But at least a  ::blowtorch:: in late September isn't as bad as a  ::blowtorch:: in July.

Amen!

I'm fine with  ::blowtorch:: from now thru mid December. No matter how winter turns out relative to average there will be plenty of cold and dreary on the way.

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 371
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 01:26:35 PM »
Amen!

I'm fine with  ::blowtorch:: from now thru mid December. No matter how winter turns out relative to average there with be plenty of cold and dreary on the way.

Agree with ya on that.  I enjoy a mild October, and even November, because we don't ever see much snow then anyway, so it might as well be above freezing until we can cash in on it with flakage!

And nothing beats a nice mild weekend in late October or November after a hard freeze has occurred, allowing us to enjoy the outdoors again without all the annoying biting insects. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:39:45 PM by JayCee »
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline snowdog

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2017, 03:47:32 PM »
Yep! Avg temps are on a quick decline starting now through winter so above average isn't as bad. And we won't be anywhere like last September when we had mid to upper 90's solid through early October.

Hottest football game I've sat through was UT-Ohio last September. The old folks were dropping like flies that afternoon.  ::hot::

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2017, 03:49:40 PM »
Hottest football game I've sat through was UT-Ohio last September. The old folks were dropping like flies that afternoon.  ::hot::

I was there too but perhaps more entertained by the old 6'5" drunk man who threw up all over the people in front of him in 92 degree heat.

Offline WXHD

• Derecho
  • NWS Storm Spotter. Fan of Extreme Weather.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »

I was there too but perhaps more entertained by the old 6'5" drunk man who threw up all over the people in front of him in 92 degree heat.

Do you always refer to yourself in the 3rd person?
Earth transforms sunlight's visible light energy into infrared light energy, which leaves Earth slowly because it is absorbed by greenhouse gases. When people produce greenhouse gases, energy leaves Earth even more slowly raising Earth's temperature. http://www.howglobalwarmingworks.org/

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2017, 04:14:04 PM »

For football fans everywhere, hopefully we won't see that brand of heat this fall.

I think last autumn was probably one of the worst I've experienced.  No rain for nearly two months and record heat don't mix in fall fire season.  (I thought I had died and went to California!)   ::panic::
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:18:03 PM by JayCee »
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Dyersburg Weather

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 279
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2017, 04:43:15 PM »
The Raiders / Titans game was brutal last year. My stepdad had problems and got too hot. This year was the complete opposite except for my Raiders taking care of business again.  ::pirate::

Offline Crockett

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2017, 04:46:35 PM »
If it weren't for the wildfires, I would take a redux of last fall every year. Sunshine for days on end and warm temps...the weather was fantastic. I don't mind fall-like temps, though, and I'm actually dreading the fact that we're probably gonna see 80+ temps every day for the rest of the month starting Saturday.

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2017, 07:06:35 AM »
One more day of the dank, dreary drizzles over here on the east side, then a long stretch of sunny 80's arrive.  Summer's last  hurrah, perhaps.

Henry David Thoreau

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2017, 08:43:22 AM »
If it weren't for the wildfires, I would take a redux of last fall every year. Sunshine for days on end and warm temps...the weather was fantastic. I don't mind fall-like temps, though, and I'm actually dreading the fact that we're probably gonna see 80+ temps every day for the rest of the month starting Saturday.

Hopefully, the wet conditions of late would inoculate the region from a repeat of last year if we did go into a long stretch of dry weather with above average temperatures this fall.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:13:54 AM by Thundersnow »

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2017, 08:52:24 AM »
Impressive statistic for Knoxville so far this September. . .

Henry David Thoreau

Offline cgauxknox

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • KM4UMK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 162
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2017, 09:03:10 AM »
Impressive statistic for Knoxville so far this September. . .

Whatever the statistic is this damp and dreary weather has put my dog into full winter mode; she barely wants outside on days like this and is wearing a permanent hole into her bed.  I'm going to be grateful for some sunshine the next few days.

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2017, 09:34:21 AM »
Whatever the statistic is this damp and dreary weather has put my dog into full winter mode; she barely wants outside on days like this and is wearing a permanent hole into her bed.  I'm going to be grateful for some sunshine the next few days.

Endless cloudy days with drizzle should remain in winter.

Fall is my favorite time to do some hiking in the mountains, so looking forward to some sun this weekend to get outside. 
Henry David Thoreau

* Recent Posts

Hurricane Maria
by Thundersnow
[Today at 05:50:19 AM]
BEMIS, TN --Historical Weather Facts, Climate Data, and Rainfall
by Mr. William E. Brantley
[Today at 03:59:46 AM]
Fall 2017
by schneitzeit
[Yesterday at 09:58:53 PM]
Hurricane Irma