* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Hurricane Maria  (Read 5748 times)

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 403
Re: Hurricane Maria
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »
Move on Maria.  You've had your day in the Sun.  Tennessee needs some rain, and we can't get any until you quit clogging up the pipe line. 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline schneitzeit

• Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2017, 10:51:58 PM »
Looks like Maria wears the pants in this relationship; she's yanking her husband Lee far into the North Atlantic. Glad it looks like the East Coast can take a break.

Offline Thundersnow

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 05:10:24 PM »
I understand Puerto Rico is in a full-blown humanitarian crisis... running out of food and water. Hearing this not only on the news but from friends' connections there. There have been deaths, and people are having to venture out in multiples, armed for safety.

Offline JayCee

• Derecho
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 403
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 05:45:51 PM »
It is unsettling that a territory of the United States is left to twist in the wind after Maria.  I don't know if it's because we are already dealing with a crisis of our own in Houston, but what's happening down there shouldn't be happening. I understand they are "an island in the ocean," but how long does it take for a plane or boat to get there?  That excuse being thrown around is inexcusable. 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Advertisement