* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Well-known storm chaser...  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 863
Well-known storm chaser...
« on: January 23, 2018, 10:51:16 PM »
...Joel Taylor has passed away.  For those that don't know, he was Reed Timmer's Dominator sidekick.  Unsure of what happened.  Thoughts go to his family.
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Box 100 Wx Lead Forecaster
Lavergne, TN

Offline Cody

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 241
Re: Well-known storm chaser...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 10:53:30 PM »
I loved that show! He was still young!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Charles L.

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1777
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 02:01:25 AM »
Still haven't heard of a cause. Only 38 years old. Sad.
Mobile chat link:

http://tennesseewx.com/arrowchat/public/mobile/

SumnerSevereWx and MaconSevereWx #tSpotter Coordinator

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 08:34:51 AM »
I just heard the news via the internet this morning.  Very sad that now four people that were on Storm Chasers have passed.   :(
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Beth

• Derecho
  • Snowbird
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1065
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
Fox news is reporting  he died of a suspected overdose on a Royal Caribbean Cruise.  :-\

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 06:05:44 PM »
You never truly know what demons people fight on a daily basis....
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Lavergne, TN

Offline bugalou

• Derecho
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 03:18:57 PM »
Fox news is reporting  he died of a suspected overdose on a Royal Caribbean Cruise.  :-\

I read GHB OD. Said he passed out on the dance floor and his friends dragged him back to his room and left him.  I hope there is more to this, because at face values this could have been prevented if he got some medical care.  Waiting to hear more.  :(

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 06:59:07 PM »
On Monday night, after a performance by Olivia Newton John, things reportedly got a little crazy.

It sounds like an out of control party on the dance floor.  Nevertheless, after someone passes out, do you just carry him back to his room and throw him on the bed?  Someone should've at least made sure he was ok.

I've never been on a cruise, but is this normal?  Seems like a free-for-all club drug experience.   
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline WXHD

• Derecho
  • NWS Storm Spotter. Fan of Extreme Weather.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 355
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 08:23:22 PM »
It sounds like an out of control party on the dance floor.  Nevertheless, after someone passes out, do you just carry him back to his room and throw him on the bed?  Someone should've at least made sure he was ok.

I've never been on a cruise, but is this normal?  Seems like a free-for-all club drug experience.

Apparently, it was a gay cruise and multiple people have died from mixing ghb with alcohol while enroute. Most of the ports they stop at are not capable of repatriating the deceased and they are stowed in the ships morgue. It's tragic for every family involved and my heart goes out to all effected.
Earth transforms sunlight's visible light energy into infrared light energy, which leaves Earth slowly because it is absorbed by greenhouse gases. When people produce greenhouse gases, energy leaves Earth even more slowly raising Earth's temperature. http://www.howglobalwarmingworks.org/

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »
Apparently, it was a gay cruise and multiple people have died from mixing ghb with alcohol while enroute. Most of the ports they stop at are not capable of repatriating the deceased and they are stowed in the ships morgue. It's tragic for every family involved and my heart goes out to all effected.

I enjoyed watching him on the Storm Chasers series, because safety was always on his mind when others only seemed to be interested in getting a tornado on film.  He seemed to have a big heart, and had a huge passion for weather.  I get that.  I can't imagine how hard this is on his family--to lose a loved one like this. 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 09:19:12 PM »
I enjoyed watching him on the Storm Chasers series, because safety was always on his mind when others only seemed to be interested in getting a tornado on film.  He seemed to have a big heart, and had a huge passion for weather.  I get that.  I can't imagine how hard this is on his family--to lose a loved one like this.

Apparently, the family lost one of Joel's siblings a few years ago.  Definitely tough to even think about.

Lavergne, TN

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 09:48:30 PM »
Apparently, the family lost one of Joel's siblings a few years ago.  Definitely tough to even think about.

Wow.  Didn't know that.  That's beyond rough.  That's a life-shredding brand of emotional pain for a family.  The kind only Someone Bigger can see you through.   
Henry David Thoreau

Advertisement