* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Summer Sweat(LOL) Thread: 2014  (Read 114004 times)

Memphis Weather

Summer Sweat(LOL) Thread: 2014
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:24:19 PM »
This thread is for the people who aren't (w)ussies and can live and enjoy a little bit of TN summer heat and humidity. This thread is also for any general summer discussion...including any summer storms or runup to potentially more organized local events. Let's hope for a decent MCS season...

Only rule to this thread...NO discussion of cold weather...snow or anything that even remotely touches what a winter thread should be for. GET OVER IT!

:)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 12:25:46 PM by Kevin »

Offline WXHD

• Derecho
  • NWS Storm Spotter. Fan of Extreme Weather.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re: Summer Sweat Thread: 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:25:26 PM »
You misspelled "Winter 2014/2015" in your thread title  ::snowman:: . On another note, I got heat stroke two years ago. I've been apprehensive about summer since. Looking forward to the fishing though!
Earth transforms sunlight's visible light energy into infrared light energy, which leaves Earth slowly because it is absorbed by greenhouse gases. When people produce greenhouse gases, energy leaves Earth even more slowly raising Earth's temperature. http://www.howglobalwarmingworks.org/

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
I guess I wont participate since apparently I'm a (w)uss and I prefer winter banter over summer. Let the boring 90's appear.

Memphis Weather

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 02:10:43 PM »
I guess I wont participate since apparently I'm a (w)uss and I prefer winter banter over summer. Let the boring 90's appear.

Haha...you can post! Just no winter banter creeping over here.  ;)

Who knows...maybe we'll get a 2004/2009 summer this year with lots of convective and worthy things to discuss. Would at least make up for the (mostly) inactive spring season.

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 809
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 03:20:58 PM »
There goes Kevin hogging a summer thread all to himself.  So since we cannot discuss cold, I guess that limits the amount of meteorology we'll be able to dissect because half the atmosphere is cold.  ****, even the MCS season will be shot if we can't discuss cold pools.  OMG!   :o

;D
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Box 100 Wx Lead Forecaster
Lavergne, TN

Offline mempho

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 03:22:59 PM »
This thread is for the people who aren't (w)ussies and can live and enjoy a little bit of TN summer heat and humidity. This thread is also for any general summer discussion...including any summer storms or runup to potentially more organized local events. Let's hope for a decent MCS season...

Only rule to this thread...NO discussion of cold weather...snow or anything that even remotely touches what a winter thread should be for. GET OVER IT!

Kevin is a warminista.   

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

Put on my big snow boots and
I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the freezing rain

Snow up high
Won't you pour down over me
Yeah, I got some accretion
But I'm as blue as a boy can be

Offline mempho

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »
Comcast sucks.   That might be a little OT but I can't discuss the other "c"  word in this thread.

I boarded the plane

Snow up high

Memphis Weather

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 03:32:26 PM »
There goes Kevin hogging a summer thread all to himself.  So since we cannot discuss cold, I guess that limits the amount of meteorology we'll be able to dissect because half the atmosphere is cold.  ****, even the MCS season will be shot if we can't discuss cold pools.  OMG!   :o

;D

Dammit...didn't think of that.  Technicality... Exception allowed!

Mempho...you have your own thread. You can talk any"c" words you want over there...

Offline mempho

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 05:20:04 PM »
Dammit...didn't think of that.  Technicality... Exception allowed!

Mempho...you have your own thread. You can talk any"c" words you want over there...

Kevin,  all I ask is that you go run a couple of miles the first time it hits 100 and show us the results.

I boarded the plane

Snow up high

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 760
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »

i am pulling for a derecho myself... ;)
Come on severe wx season...

Offline harlequin

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »
The weather has been pretty great here this week. Mid 80s with middling to slightly humid conditions. Hardly any rain, but a good mix of clouds and sun. Rain totals this week were very impressive in TX, LA, and MS.

Offline Clay

• Moderator Supporter
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 09:29:20 PM »
The weather has been pretty great here this week. Mid 80s with middling to slightly humid conditions. Hardly any rain, but a good mix of clouds and sun. Rain totals this week were very impressive in TX, LA, and MS.
If this is your first summer in Nashville after living on the delta all these years, let me be the first to say, you will notice a difference. I learned that living in JBR last summer. Their summers are simply more oppressive.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:32:50 PM by Clay »

Memphis Weather

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 10:42:55 PM »
Kevin,  all I ask is that you go run a couple of miles the first time it hits 100 and show us the results.

Well I'm not an idiot...lol.

That said...I have done that. But that was way back in HS days. Probably couldn't do it now...  :D

Oh BTW...to all you Nashvillians (?) looking for me to invade your city this weekend as discussed in the Spring thrad...I'm sorry to say that won't be happening. One of the people I was going with just had to get sick...so it's been put off a week or two. Try to be a wonderful place without my presence...if such is possible.

Offline NashRugger

• Supercell
  • current US Navy meteorologist & rugby player
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »
Remember next weekend is CMA Fest, and then the following is Bonnaroo.

Memphis Weather

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 11:38:39 AM »
Remember next weekend is CMA Fest, and then the following is Bonnaroo.

I realized about Bonnaroo and that won't be a huge deal...but the CMA fest might be. Uggh. Not a country fan either...lol. And that is actually in Nashville too. Two weeks it is! Haha...

Meanwhile...on the weather front - Looks like a more classic pulse storm day on our hands as the ULL finally retrogrades/weakens. Seeing a decent instability axis locally running from about Memphis down toward Oxford-Tupelo. Might see a bit of enhanced activity this afternoon in that corridor...especially if there are leftover OFBs from yesterday in that area. Probably less coverage than yesterday but with greater heating - storms might be stronger. Wouldn't rule out a wet microburst or two if things can get going in that zone.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:52:01 AM by Kevin »

* Recent Posts

Fall 2017
by Dyersburg Weather
[Yesterday at 08:30:07 PM]
Winter 2017-18
by bugalou
[Yesterday at 03:48:37 PM]
Hurricane Maria
by Thundersnow
[Yesterday at 09:55:11 AM]
BEMIS, TN --Historical Weather Facts, Climate Data, and Rainfall