* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: 24/7 TV Weather Wars  (Read 4766 times)

Offline mempho

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 24/7 TV Weather Wars
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 10:14:46 PM »
How long before WeatherBell announces they are entering the fray?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

Put on my big snow boots and
I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the freezing rain

Snow up high
Won't you pour down over me
Yeah, I got some accretion
But I'm as blue as a boy can be

Memphis Weather

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
So an update on the fate of one of the announced 24/7 channels...

Network Weather, the channel being launched by Dave Schwartz and Rich Johnson, has been aborted. This was the channel that looked quite amateurish and cheap in the early going so this is no big surprise. So now we'll be left with TWC, WeatherNation and the upcoming Accuweather channel.

The other news that came out from this today - TWC announced that Dave Schwartz is returning to the network next month. Was always a big DS fan so depending on where they put him and what they allow him to do they might get me back at least on occasion just to see what he does on the air.

Offline Mr. William E. Brantley

• Tornado
  • I`m a N.W.S. Skywarn Trained Storm Spotter !
    • Yesterdays Historical Climate Summary
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 01:38:01 AM »
So an update on the fate of one of the announced 24/7 channels...

Network Weather, the channel being launched by Dave Schwartz and Rich Johnson, has been aborted. This was the channel that looked quite amateurish and cheap in the early going so this is no big surprise. So now we'll be left with TWC, WeatherNation and the upcoming Accuweather channel.

The other news that came out from this today - TWC announced that Dave Schwartz is returning to the network next month. Was always a big DS fan so depending on where they put him and what they allow him to do they might get me back at least on occasion just to see what he does on the air.
I was actually hoping that the Network Weather Channel would be a Great Success rather than aborted : I`m glad to hear that Dave Schwartz is returning to the Weather Channel however since the other Network Weather Channel isn`t going to work after all I guess. And I hope some of the others return as well. 

Memphis Weather

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 01:39:36 PM »
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. & ATLANTA, Apr 08, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The Weather Channel will return to DIRECTV (channel 362) tomorrow as both companies have settled on a new agreement, the financial terms of which were not disclosed.

As part of the new pact, The Weather Channel agreed to reduce reality programming by half on weekdays; return instant local weather and allow authenticated DIRECTV customers to watch The Weather Channel’s video programming on multiple devices inside and outside the home.

“Our apologies to DIRECTV and their customers for the disruption of our service and for initiating a public campaign,” said David Kenny, CEO of the Weather Company, parent to The Weather Channel. “Our viewers deserve better than a public dispute and we pledge to reward their loyalty with exceptional programming and more weather focused news.”

“It’s a shame these disputes are played out on a public stage, but I’m pleased that we’ve been able to work together with The Weather Channel in a way that will benefit everyone,” said Dan York, DIRECTV’s chief content officer. “I know this was frustrating for many of our customers, but their patience was ultimately rewarded with a better deal and a better product.”

* Recent Posts

Fall 2017
by Dyersburg Weather
[Yesterday at 08:30:07 PM]
Winter 2017-18
by bugalou
[Yesterday at 03:48:37 PM]
Hurricane Maria
by Thundersnow
[Yesterday at 09:55:11 AM]
BEMIS, TN --Historical Weather Facts, Climate Data, and Rainfall
by Mr. William E. Brantley