* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Author Topic: The official "no snow" rant thread  (Read 106978 times)

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1458
Re: The official \"no snow\" rant thread
« Reply #600 on: January 19, 2019, 01:48:02 PM »
The issue is I haven't had much excitement to begin with. Year after year of depressing winters with little to no snow gets to you.

Post Merge: January 19, 2019, 01:42:04 PM
Sorry to  ::deadhorse::, but is this frustrating for anyone else?

For those of us old enough to remember the 80's, we've been dealing with depressing winters for a VERY long time. 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline schneitzeit

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1086
Re: The official "no snow" rant thread
« Reply #601 on: January 19, 2019, 02:11:08 PM »
I mean, these crappy winters look bad compared to the frickin '00s. I could always count on one 3"+ snow per year when I lived here in that decade. Now, nothing. It's a 3" snow every four years.

Offline gcbama

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #602 on: January 19, 2019, 09:36:57 PM »
so just wondering, models have kept promising since 10 days ago that consistently cold air would be coming yet keeps pushing it back and all we get are these quick shots of cold air after the majority of the moisture passes...temps drop to low 30's and jump back to upper 40's when the next storm comes through...that is not a good recipe :(. I am not talking about little one inch snows...To me a good snow is 3 plus in a single storm

We used to get good snow years almost every other year, now it is just a big winter once every 5-7 years...it didn't used to be this hard to get a really decent snowstorm...I just get a little worried because the past several years once we pass the heart of winter (mid January) the cold shots become more few and far between ... there have been an exception a year or two but like i said earlier since 2010 i have not gotten more than 3-4 inches in a single season  where i live

Offline Heath22

• Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 156
« Reply #603 on: January 19, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »

For those of us old enough to remember the 80's, we've been dealing with depressing winters for a VERY long time.

Yep. And watching our neighbors to the south beat you in snow totals each of the last 3 years just adds to the misery.The Middle Tennessee, south of I40 peeps are the most deprived people on this board. We have watched it snow in every direction around us the last few years.
John 3:16

Offline Cody

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 246
« Reply #604 on: January 26, 2019, 11:23:06 AM »
Yep. And watching our neighbors to the south beat you in snow totals each of the last 3 years just adds to the misery.The Middle Tennessee, south of I40 peeps are the most deprived people on this board. We have watched it snow in every direction around us the last few years.
Amen Heath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gcbama

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
« Reply #605 on: January 26, 2019, 11:38:16 AM »

100 percent. the 412 corridor has seen people 25 miles north of us get moderate snow and just south of the TN border get moderate snow....412 is the REAL snow dome....I don't wanna hear from anybody along I-40 complaining as much as us southern middle tennesseeans

Offline gcbama

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
« Reply #606 on: February 04, 2019, 04:38:03 PM »
Sticking a fork in this season....yet again I feel I will be disappointed. If a shocker of a storm shows up I will be glad....way to much warm zonal flow and not even a hint of a threat in the next 10 days.

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1661
« Reply #607 on: February 04, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
Sticking a fork in this season....yet again I feel I will be disappointed. If a shocker of a storm shows up I will be glad....way to much warm zonal flow and not even a hint of a threat in the next 10 days.
we got the gulf and tropical jet most time to influence our weather.... and we still get stuck with benign weather ....  truly amazing ....
Come on severe wx season...

Offline Heath22

• Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 156
« Reply #608 on: February 04, 2019, 05:01:35 PM »

I stuck a fork in it mid January when we started hearing just wait till end of month, then just wait till mid-month. Seems when we start hearing that, it's over. At least it has been the last few years.

After this weekend and 36 holes of golf, I am ready for warm weather baseball and golf.
John 3:16

Offline Icestorm

• Sunny
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #609 on: February 04, 2019, 05:05:20 PM »
Never fear the pattern will flip just in time for a miserable, rainy, cold April, then we'll all be saying if only we'd had this in January with the short days and low sun angle, blah blah blah. There's my rant I'm finished, please bring on spring and just let it stay til summer.

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #610 on: February 04, 2019, 05:32:16 PM »
I vote we don't even have a winter thread next year.  Just ignore the season altogether in protest.  Maybe, then, it will show up.
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline gcbama

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: February 06, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
I stuck a fork in it mid January when we started hearing just wait till end of month, then just wait till mid-month. Seems when we start hearing that, it's over. At least it has been the last few years.

After this weekend and 36 holes of golf, I am ready for warm weather baseball and golf.

agreed, a few of us in here got chewed out when people kept pointing to storms over ten days away lol. even 5 days out is too much ( and I fell into the trap for the 28th 29th bust)

I am already ready for severe weather season....climate history by and large shows most years after mid feb we start to warm up and stay in the 50's and days get longer etc. The meat of the winter season came and went without even a threat of a whimper

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: February 07, 2019, 07:26:32 AM »
1 bad winter is disappointing.  2 back to back is painful.  This makes the third, if nothing changes.  After 2009-15, I thought we were entering a period of better winters.  Not great, but better.

Nope. 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #613 on: February 09, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »

Yikes!!!!!! Bellingham, WA to Vancouver, BC that is a sick snow bust. 

Offline bugalou

• Administrator
  • Derecho
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #614 on: April 19, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
For my neck of the woods just south of Memphis, 2018-19 was the worst winter in memory if you like cold and snow. 2017-18 is probably a second or 3rd.  I really hope we can get a solid winter next year I miss snow and I go spoiled living in NJ for that bit. ::snowman::

Advertisement