* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Best Meteorolgical Schools?  (Read 12982 times)

Offline Adam

Re: Best Meteorolgical Schools?
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2013, 08:43:40 AM »
Update... I think I have pretty much narrowed it down to UAH. I enjoyed my visit so much, and if I bring my ACT up 1 point I get scholarship money. It is only October, but I think this is the place I want to go. I am excited that someone else will be able to teach me about weather instead of trying to teach myself. I thank all of you for believing in me though!
AND A LOT CAN CHANGE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN.

Offline Clay

• Moderator Supporter
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 560
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »
I would take the ACT at least 2 times. 3 is better. You've got nothing to loose.

Offline Adam

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »
Once again another update here. I have fully decided to go to UAH! I am going to sign up for residence here pretty soon. I took the ACT once again yesterday hoping to bring it up just one more point. Time is flying by here in Lawrenceburg and I only have 159 until I graduate. I hope to stay in college as long as I can because I have learned that knowledge is something that no one can ever take away from you.

What a ride it has been here on this forum. I went from making statements about accuweather pictures to actually being able to interept and read model data. I just want to say a BIG thank you to everyone who has helped me in my travels here. I know I was a slow learner at first, but I am coming into my own.

Memphis Weather

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2013, 10:23:44 PM »
Congrats Adam! I think you've made a very wise choice...and no doubt your growth on the forum over the years has been amazing. That will only continue as you head to UAH...for sure!

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2013, 09:10:29 AM »
Outstanding!!  Perhaps in the very near future, you'll be teaching US a thing or two!   ::applause::
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Box 100 Wx Lead Forecaster
Lavergne, TN

Offline snowdog

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 01:40:55 PM »
I hope to stay in college as long as I can because I have learned that knowledge is something that no one can ever take away from you.

Once in college, you will realize many more reasons why it is good to stay in colllege as long as possible.   ::guitar::   >:D

Offline Adam

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2013, 06:53:35 AM »
Once in college, you will realize many more reasons why it is good to stay in colllege as long as possible.   ::guitar::   >:D
Lol Snowdog you are a wild man.

Offline Bobcat

• Sunny
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2013, 09:15:11 AM »
I gotta tell you guys.  My kid is 10.  Since before Kindergarten, he has been fascinated with the weather.  He sits on the porch with me and asks questions during storms.  He has even taken a spotter's class with me.  He has stated numerous times that he wants a job in meteorology when he gets older and has asked me to start looking up programs (seriously).  This kid is crazy smart (was reading >12th grade when he was in 2nd grade) and I have no doubt that he is serious about it.  This thread (and this forum) will greatly help him.  Thanks!

Offline Clay

• Moderator Supporter
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 560
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2013, 09:21:11 PM »
I gotta tell you guys.  My kid is 10.  Since before Kindergarten, he has been fascinated with the weather.  He sits on the porch with me and asks questions during storms.  He has even taken a spotter's class with me.  He has stated numerous times that he wants a job in meteorology when he gets older and has asked me to start looking up programs (seriously).  This kid is crazy smart (was reading >12th grade when he was in 2nd grade) and I have no doubt that he is serious about it.  This thread (and this forum) will greatly help him.  Thanks!
The fascination starts at a young age that's for sure! I was glued to the Weather Channel when I was that old.

Advertisement