* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Best Meteorolgical Schools?  (Read 12981 times)

Offline harlequin

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 525
Re: Best Meteorolgical Schools?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 03:34:05 AM »
If only liberal arts schools had meteorology programs...

Offline harlequin

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 525
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 03:35:22 AM »
Update....

UAH was absolutley incredible and they are leading as far as meteorlogical schools go. They have so many oppourtunities to get jobs and even have a summer job with the NWS. Huntsville is also a great town and I am just so excited!

You'll be jinxed for snow there. Huntsville already had their big snow for the next 20 years or so. :P I kid.

Offline toastido

• LIKE A BOSS
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • HAM Callsign: WX4JRR
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 06:04:08 AM »
UAH is also breaking ground on a new atmos building.  :)  lots of met stuff going on in this city :)
Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.
Kin Hubbard
(1868 - 1930)
Adam: Girls come and go. Weather is constant
Eric (Admin): there's no fornication in meteorology

Offline Adam

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 06:51:45 AM »
UAH is also breaking ground on a new atmos building.  :)  lots of met stuff going on in this city :)
Toast I thought about you while I was there lol. Where exactly do you work in Huntsville lol.
AND A LOT CAN CHANGE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN.

Offline toastido

• LIKE A BOSS
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 08:07:31 AM »
Toast I thought about you while I was there lol. Where exactly do you work in Huntsville lol.

About 2 miles from campus.  Not going to go into detail.
Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.
Kin Hubbard
(1868 - 1930)

Offline Adam

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
About 2 miles from campus.  Not going to go into detail.
Well you do not have to lol. If I go there I would like to meet you though. It would be cool.

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »
Not going to go into detail.

If I go there I would like to meet you though.

;D >:D ::bagoverhead::
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Box 100 Wx Lead Forecaster
Lavergne, TN

Offline Adam

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2013, 01:35:50 PM »
Oh Eric lol ever since the day I registered on this site there has never been a dull moment.  ::whistling:: Toast probably thinks I am crazy or something like that. I just really like the size of Huntsville itself. It is much bigger than Lawrenceburg, but not as big as Knoxville.

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 01:50:51 PM »
Oh Eric lol ever since the day I registered on this site there has never been a dull moment.  ::whistling:: Toast probably thinks I am crazy or something like that. I just really like the size of Huntsville itself. It is much bigger than Lawrenceburg, but not as big as Knoxville.

Yeah, I was just funnin'.  Huntsville is a good city, and well within driving distance for you.  If that's where you want to attend, far be it from me -- or anyone else -- to *steer* you anywhere else.  I can appreciate your enthusiasm and only wish I had half of it when I was your age.
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Box 100 Wx Lead Forecaster
Lavergne, TN

Offline Adam

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 03:20:34 PM »
Yeah, I was just funnin'.  Huntsville is a good city, and well within driving distance for you.  If that's where you want to attend, far be it from me -- or anyone else -- to *steer* you anywhere else.  I can appreciate your enthusiasm and only wish I had half of it when I was your age.
Well God has blessed me and I am thankful. I am down to Mississippi State and UAH. Mississippi State was a great visit and they also have an SEC football team so they are still in it.

Offline Charles L.

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1804
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »
Well God has blessed me and I am thankful. I am down to Mississippi State and UAH. Mississippi State was a great visit and they also have an SEC football team so they are still in it.

There is some good football in the North AL area. Not SEC caliber, but good football nonetheless!

I can't wait until I go back to WKU. If you go to MSU and do broadcasting we may be competitors on the college stage. ;)
Mobile chat link:

http://tennesseewx.com/arrowchat/public/mobile/

SumnerSevereWx and MaconSevereWx #tSpotter Coordinator

Offline Adam

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2013, 04:56:58 PM »
There is some good football in the North AL area. Not SEC caliber, but good football nonetheless!

I can't wait until I go back to WKU. If you go to MSU and do broadcasting we may be competitors on the college stage. ;)
If I went there and we were competitors then the loser would have to go to either a Tennessee or Vandy game and wear the schools colors. If I won then you would have to go to knox and if you won I would have to go to Nashville.

Offline Cameron K.

• Derecho
  • Location: Franklin,TN / UAHuntsville. Senior ESS-Atmospheric Science major
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 11:37:02 AM »
Yes Adam, I would encourage you to go to this school. The professors in this department are very knowledgeable and friendly. At least those I have taken classes with. Unlike other colleges Huntsville is a prime location for networking and research and I visited/applied to some swanky schools before coming here. Like Toast was mentioning UAH broke ground on SWIRLL (Severe Weather Institute Radar and Lightning Laboratories) just recently. Should be a big opportunity for student involvement.   
Don't knock the weather, nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.
-  Kin Hubbard

Offline toastido

• LIKE A BOSS
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2013, 08:21:46 AM »
Yes Adam, I would encourage you to go to this school. The professors in this department are very knowledgeable and friendly. At least those I have taken classes with. Unlike other colleges Huntsville is a prime location for networking and research and I visited/applied to some swanky schools before coming here. Like Toast was mentioning UAH broke ground on SWIRLL (Severe Weather Institute Radar and Lightning Laboratories) just recently. Should be a big opportunity for student involvement.

Not to mention being tightly wound with the NWS - you can actually be a student met at WFO HUN, which is directly across the street from campus. :)
Kin Hubbard
(1868 - 1930)

Offline Adam

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »
Not to mention being tightly wound with the NWS - you can actually be a student met at WFO HUN, which is directly across the street from campus. :)
Yes I went and checked that out. I think I do want to go there.

Advertisement