* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Winter 2018-19  (Read 2145 times)

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
Re: Winter 2018-19
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 11:51:54 AM »
i know one thing... if i were located in the boston ... nyc... to dc area even perhaps to atlanta... i be getting very excited this winter... for what i gathering  and seeing... trough should set up pretty far to the east of us during winter months for the most... we will be mostly dealing with a nw flow pattern for the most of us mid southerners... which we may have to be pulling for a decent clipper type system to score for most us... ::doh::... time will tell... what i see thus far ....
Come on severe wx season...

Offline JHart

• TNWX Supporter
  • Severe Thunderstorm
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 03:00:46 PM »
i know one thing... if i were located in the boston ... nyc... to dc area even perhaps to atlanta... i be getting very excited this winter... for what i gathering  and seeing... trough should set up pretty far to the east of us during winter months for the most... we will be mostly dealing with a nw flow pattern for the most of us mid southerners... which we may have to be pulling for a decent clipper type system to score for most us... ::doh::... time will tell... what i see thus far ....
What are your sources? 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 03:04:45 PM by JHart »
Hire the left-handed --- its fun to watch them write.

Offline Crockett

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 03:08:07 PM »

It is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to be getting that specific.

Offline Eric

• IF THE NAM VERIFIES
  • Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Call sign: KJ4IXE
    • My Blog...
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 863
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2018, 07:40:35 AM »

Can I get next week's powerball numbers? 

WTF....
#tSpotter Coordinator for Rutherford and Montgomery Cos. (@MontCoSevereWx and @RuthSevereWx)

Box 100 Wx Lead Forecaster
Lavergne, TN

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2018, 08:50:59 AM »
Can I get next week's powerball numbers? 

WTF....
its getting into end August now.... winter signs are starting to fall in place ... slowly but surely .... if have had power ball winning numbers I sure as heck wouldn’t be spending time here ....

Offline Skillsweather

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 250
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2018, 08:56:04 AM »
Idk about this winter but winter 2025 wow.. Just wait.
Snow, flood and storm lover.

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »
Idk about this winter but winter 2025 wow.. Just wait.
by 2025....  global warming will completely have its grip on us ... winter be season in the past .... :D

Offline Matthew

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 296
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2018, 03:02:41 PM »
Dang
Winter canceled already?
Thank goodness spring severe season is going to be a blockbuster!

Offline cgauxknox

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • KM4UMK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2018, 03:39:38 PM »
I look at winter in Tennessee as being a bit like hurricane season; a calm season with one big storm is remembered as a busy season while a season with lots of small stuff but no big hitters is easily forgotten.  From what others have been posting it looks like we'll at least have some cold, which has been missing in most recent winters, so half the equation is set up.  Beyond that it's the usual roll of the dice for whether or not the cold, the wet, and the track all come together to put good snow on the ground, especially here in the valley.  Besides, before then I'm hoping for a great fall with good color on the trees, crisp air, and SEC football.
...and just to keep our new moderators on their toes @*%#$#!! politics %%*@%*!( Washington D.C @#%%*)) taxes @%#*&!## your party @#*%(@@! my party   ::rofl::

Offline schneitzeit

• Supercell
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 434
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2018, 03:43:54 PM »
The only predictable thing is that the Vols will suck, and the Titans will suck.

Offline cgauxknox

• Severe Thunderstorm
  • KM4UMK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 04:40:12 PM »
The only predictable thing is that the Vols will suck, and the Titans will suck.
True and true.  It's a shame Knox County's new mayor doesn't have any eligibility left; we could use him playing line on Saturdays.

Offline JayCee

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 799
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2018, 05:11:54 PM »

No worries.  It means you'll have all the time you need to geek out over each and every model run.     ;)
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

* Recent Posts

Advertisement