* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

* Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories for TN - Click the (+) Icon to the Right to see them ------>

Author Topic: Summer (Cancel) 2018  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Skillsweather

• Derecho
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 240
Re: Summer (Cancel) 2018
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2018, 12:45:49 PM »
GFS looks very hot and dry long term. Multiple days of 100+ being shown for KCHA.
I mean as much as i hate it. It is summer it happens. Definitely an early start we are having. Im curious to see what this years average temp ends up being because to me this year seems very hot besides 1 month that was cooler. And if the 100+ verifies then we could end up being close to the top 10 hottest years? Idk maybe thats a stretch or to early to even mention but just what im feeling.
Snow, flood and storm lover.

Offline JayCee

• Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 773
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »
Temperatures near 90 and low dewpoints (for June) are drying out the topsoil quickly here.  The high angle June sun is strong with the force of evaporation. 
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline mempho

• Tornado
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2018, 08:55:55 PM »
Meanwhile, there are places in the lower 48 that may get more snow in the middle of June than you have gotten all winter...

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Billings MT 230 PM MDT Fri Jun 15 2018 MTZ067-161800- /O.NEW.KBYZ.WW.Y.0031.180615T2030Z-180616T1800Z/ Absaroka/Beartooth Mountains- 230 PM MDT Fri Jun 15 2018 ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT SATURDAY... * WHAT...Wet snow. Additional wet snow accumulations of up to one inch, with localized amounts up to 4 inches, are expected. * WHERE...Absaroka/Beartooth Mountains on the Beartooth Highway. * WHEN...Until noon MDT Saturday. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. Expect reduced visibilities at times. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Winter Weather Advisory for wet snow means periods of wet snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. Be sure to dress for the wintry conditions. For the latest road conditions, call 5 1 1. Additional graphics for this hazard can be found at http://www.weather.gov/billings

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Put on my big snow boots and
I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the freezing rain

Snow up high
Won't you pour down over me
Yeah, I got some accretion
But I'm as blue as a boy can be

Offline mempho

• Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2018, 03:34:57 AM »
Very bad things -

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Memphis TN 330 AM CDT Sat Jun 16 2018 ...Dangerous heat and humidity is expected across a large portion of the Mid South Today... ARZ008-009-017-018-026>028-035-036-048-049-058-MOZ113-115- MSZ001>003-007-008-010>013-020-021-TNZ001>004-019>021-048>052- 088>090-170000- /O.NEW.KMEG.HT.Y.0002.180616T1600Z-180617T0000Z/ Randolph-Clay-Lawrence-Greene-Craighead-Poinsett-Mississippi- Cross-Crittenden-St. Francis-Lee AR-Phillips-Dunklin-Pemiscot- DeSoto-Marshall-Benton MS-Tunica-Tate-Coahoma-Quitman-Panola- Lafayette-Tallahatchie-Yalobusha-Lake-Obion-Weakley-Henry-Dyer- Gibson-Carroll-Lauderdale-Tipton-Haywood-Crockett-Madison-Shelby- Fayette-Hardeman- Including the cities of Pocahontas, Piggott, Corning, Walnut Ridge, Paragould, Jonesboro, Harrisburg, Blytheville, Wynne, West Memphis, Forrest City, Marianna, Helena, West Helena, Kennett, Caruthersville, Southaven, Olive Branch, Holly Springs, Ashland, Tunica, Senatobia, Clarksdale, Marks, Batesville, Oxford, Charleston, Water Valley, Coffeeville, Tiptonville, Union City, Martin, Dresden, Paris, Dyersburg, Humboldt, Milan, Huntingdon, Ripley TN, Covington, Brownsville, Alamo, Jackson, Bartlett, Germantown, Collierville, Memphis, Millington, Somerville, Oakland, and Bolivar 330 AM CDT Sat Jun 16 2018 ...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING... The National Weather Service in Memphis has issued a Heat Advisory, which is in effect from 11 AM this morning to 7 PM CDT this evening. * HEAT INDEX READINGS...In excess of 105 degrees. * TIMING...Late this morning through early this evening. * IMPACTS...The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity levels will create dangerous conditions for persons conducting strenuous outdoor activities. In addition, there will be an enhanced threat to those especially SUSCEPTIBLE to heat related illness, such as the elderly and small children. Also, remember the dangers associated with cars and always remember to double check the back seat for children. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Heat Advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Take extra precautions, if you work or spend time outside. When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the occupational safety and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency, call 9 1 1.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Put on my big snow boots and
I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the freezing rain

Snow up high
Won't you pour down over me
Yeah, I got some accretion
But I'm as blue as a boy can be

Offline JayCee

• Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2018, 06:12:10 AM »
Considering the upcoming heat and humidity, I think we can take the "cancel" off this thread.  Summer's here, baby. 

Good to see rain chances slowly increasing for next week.  We started with 20-30%, and now after Sunday there are 40-50% chances across the board here in the foothills.  A cooling late afternoon thunderstorm would be welcome today, but not likely outside the mountains.
"For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snowstorms and rainstorms, and did my duty faithfully, though I never received one cent for it.." 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Beth

• Derecho
  • Snowbird
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1044
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2018, 09:44:53 AM »
Yep I think the cancel part needs to be deleted!  It 100% humidity and hot hot hot! My hubby is in West Tn working at Paris airport doing some work on the runway. Heat index is close to 110 if not higher.  Luckily he is a stringbean and no extra insulation so he tolerates it pretty good.
The granddaughter and I are living in the pool that is now like a warm bath!
Hope all the Dads here HAVE A GREAT FATHERíS DAY Weekend!!! And stay cool!  ::snowman::

Offline BRUCE

• Tornado
  • home of three ef4 tornadoes since 1999
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1100
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2018, 11:39:14 AM »
Yep I think the cancel part needs to be deleted!  It 100% humidity and hot hot hot! My hubby is in West Tn working at Paris airport doing some work on the runway. Heat index is close to 110 if not higher.  Luckily he is a stringbean and no extra insulation so he tolerates it pretty good.
The granddaughter and I are living in the pool that is now like a warm bath!
Hope all the Dads here HAVE A GREAT FATHERíS DAY Weekend!!! And stay cool!  ::snowman::
yeah pretty muggy out.  But itís nice ... Iím in your hometown Dickson now... shopping with sis n law ...
Come on severe wx season...

Offline JayCee

• Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Yesterday at 06:34:32 AM »
With the ridge holding strong, higher POPs have been pushed off to Wednesday now.  Speaking of a different kind of Pops, hope everyone has a good Father's day!

Henry David Thoreau

Offline StormNine

• Global Moderator
  • Tornado
  • Twitter:
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #68 on: Yesterday at 10:12:46 AM »
BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Flash Flood Warning
National Weather Service Marquette MI
748 AM EDT SUN JUN 17 2018

...FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY FOR CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN HOUGHTON COUNTY...

The National Weather Service in Marquette has extended the

* Flash Flood Warning for...
  Houghton County in western Upper Michigan...
  Western Baraga County in north central Upper Michigan...
  Northeastern Ontonagon County in western Upper Michigan...

* Until 1215 PM EDT

* At 741 AM EDT, local law enforcement reported heavy rain across
  the warned area. 4 to 7 inches of rain have fallen over the past 7
  hours. Flash flooding is already occurring. Law enforcement has
  reported that many of the main roadways have been washed out and
  many roads remain impassable.
Law enforcement requests that all
  residents of Houghton County shelter in place until further notice

A major flash flood occurred this morning in upstate Michigan due to being on that northern end of the ridge. 

Offline JayCee

• Tornado
  • Still a wxfreak
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Yesterday at 11:20:33 AM »
A major flash flood occurred this morning in upstate Michigan due to being on that northern end of the ridge.

The ring of fire around the ridge is pretty far north for mid-June--from the plains northeastward to the Canadian border.  More like the dog days of August.  Stagnant pool of air circulating over us for now.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Curt

• Administrator
  • Tornado
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Yesterday at 11:47:20 PM »
Looks more and more like we go over 100 after next weekend. Letís see what this weeks rain can do to ground soil first. The latest 105 at Memphis in 7 days (and lows in the low to mid 80ís) is my worst nightmare.

On another note , hereís the latest JMA for the winter period. Itís early but I like where we are headed for a weak to moderate Nino.

Advertisement